Page 215 of 232 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2319

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_20231230_142345798.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  40.1 KB

I didn't make judging scale easy with this pic, but that's a 2" green sticker shot from approximately 100 yards distance. I shot this with a Tikka T3x lite compact in .243 Win that I bought for my daughter. She's shot a few rounds through it, but doesn't want to try hunting with it yet. This group was with 80gr Barnes Tipped TSX. Today was only the second time shooting the rifle. Last time I got it on paper at ~30 yards with some cheap PPU, and then shot this today without making any scope adjustments. I was pleasantly surprised. ~1.7 MOA isn't particularly brag worthy, but given how infrequently I shoot rifles and how this is just the second load I've tried through that rifle, I'll take it.

Site Supporter
    Shot a little fun match with @Noah and his family at the local range. Hit factor, 4 stages, with movement and distances from 25-3ish yards. Penalties were admonishment and shame.

I stuck with 22LR, because it's cheap good fun. Ran 2 stages with a TX22. Ran 2 other stages with a Tikka T1X, using a bipod as a fore grip (mag changes and movement required for those runs). Will have to run electrical tape around the recoil pad like my shotguns, it was getting caught up on my jacket badly during reloads.

Reasonably certain I'll run an iron sight Sears bolt gun for the entirety of the next match.

Overall between all of us, we shot:
    Tx22
    Tx22 competition
    22/45 Lite
    G43 Longboi
    G43x
    LCR 22lr
    .22LR Lever action
    T1x .22LR bolt action
    1911 (9mm)
    HK P30L LEM
    Gray Guns P320
    G19 (I think, Noah's gun)

After the fun match was over I posted a 95-0X 25y B8 with a the P320 and S&B 115gr ammo.

I shot a NRL Hunter match today. My first one. It was a 1-day match, something new called the Hunter Games. The 1-day matches are intended to be noobie-friendly where if you need help the RO will help you find the targets, and if you wanted to you could watch the shooter ahead of you. NRL Hunter match stages are supposed to be blind and you have 4 mins to find, range, and engage targets. No sharing distances, dope, or wind calls.

The 1-day matches are also ‘run what ya brung’ without needing to make weight or power factor. So I shot my 6mmGT I use for PRS matches since my 6.5CM is not ready yet (waiting on the action).

I’m planning on shooting some of the 2-day NRL Hunter Series matches in 2024 and wanted to get my feet wet shooting a 1-day local Hunter Game match first.

I enjoyed it a lot, definitely gonna shoot more of them in the future.

I shot my 9mm PCC today with 135 grain Blue Bullets.

I've never paid close attention to the accuracy but today I was bored and setup a target at 28 yards.

Name:  20231231_212328.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  39.6 KB

I was a little quick on the milspec trigger in group1. Group 2 was a slower pace and concentrating on my form. 3 and 4 were more of the same but something fell apart on group 4.

Anyway, it was a fun experiment, and I may pull off the Aimpoint to give an LPVO a try.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Happy New Year!

Name:  IMG_0419.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  82.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1531.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  67.5 KB

I shot last year’s charge out of my old T/C Renegade.50. Unfortunately I didn’t wipe the bore before reloading and stuck the ball about halfway down.
    I put the ball puller on the rod and that got stuck too.

I shot a couple mags from my 2.0 C.

When I got home I clamped the barrel in the vise and pulled the ball. Didn’t feel like driving back to the club so I boiled some water and scrubbed the bore. I have both Pyrodex and FFG but don’t remember which fouls faster, nor recall what I was loaded with. I’d like to get either thinner patch material or maybe a smaller diameter round ball (using readily available Hornady.490) but after the season closes I don’t think about until the following January.

Name:  CCI  Blazer.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  22.9 KB

Name:  CCI SV.jpegs.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  17.9 KB

Name:  Golden Bullets.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  22.8 KBName:  Complete With TacSoll Barrel.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  54.4 KB

Well, today I got to shoot my new Ruger 10-22 with a couple of different ammos. The gun shoots well, considering I'm using a 12 MOA red dot at 25 yards without a rest.

Everything seems to shoot well, within 1.5 to 2 inches. Good enough for Steel Challenge. With all the spare parts all I needed was another receiver to be able to make another gun. I ordered a blem for $70 and the new build will start soon but it will have the 20 inch Clark barrel on it. That will purely be for accuracy. Simmons 8 - 34 scope should help with the new build.

@AzShooter, looking forward to feedback on the Clark barrel. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to swing an old school legit Clark build but if the new barrels are on par with the reputation, I’d probably be happy with that.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    @AzShooter, looking forward to feedback on the Clark barrel. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to swing an old school legit Clark build but if the new barrels are on par with the reputation, I’d probably be happy with that.
    Actually, the gun came with the Clark barrel and shot fantastic.
    Name:  Best.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  34.4 KB

I've had them before, when I was building precision type 10-22s many years ago. They sure are accurate. This one was just too heavy for a Steel Challenge gun. Can't wait until I get all the parts to build a target rifle. Everything is on it's way.

Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    Name:  CCI  Blazer.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  22.9 KB

Name:  CCI SV.jpegs.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  17.9 KB

Name:  Golden Bullets.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  22.8 KBName:  Complete With TacSoll Barrel.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  54.4 KB

Well, today I got to shoot my new Ruger 10-22 with a couple of different ammos. The gun shoots well, considering I'm using a 12 MOA red dot at 25 yards without a rest.

Everything seems to shoot well, within 1.5 to 2 inches. Good enough for Steel Challenge. With all the spare parts all I needed was another receiver to be able to make another gun. I ordered a blem for $70 and the new build will start soon but it will have the 20 inch Clark barrel on it. That will purely be for accuracy. Simmons 8 - 34 scope should help with the new build.
    Looks good for Steel Challenge!
    If you know, What’s the pictured setup with the SBX barrel & Magnum Research stock weigh? With or without c-more doesn’t matter. More just curious as I have one of those stocks in my parts bin and like to run everything suppressed and the SBX keeps it short without adding another stamp to the collection.

User Tag List