Page 204 of 232 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2317

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Name:  IMG_4276.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  101.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Got out to the range today with my new-to-me Marcolmar Cetme L to check zero and function.

Previous owner said he'd put @ 100 rounds through it, so I was expecting to have to put a few more to finish the "break-in" (manual recommends 200 rounds)...but it functioned 100% with Federal AE XM193 and a grab bag of miscellaneous loose extra rounds I've collected from previous range trips. Total, I put about 150 rounds through it. Also, zero issues with any of the different types of magazines I tried (USGI, Korean steel 30 rnd., original Cetme 12 rnd. with steel follower, and original Cetme 30 rnd. with Magpul followers).

I started at 50 yds. for a 50/200 zero. The rear sight was screwed all the way to the right when I got it, so I assumed I'd have trouble getting this thing to stay on paper (buying used guns is always an iffy proposition...I figured this thing must have been unreliable and inaccurate, and thus the reason for him to be getting rid of it). It initially hit @ 8" right, so after a few trial and errors I got it close to center (got a couple of decent groups for a franken-gun with open sights and me with poor eyesight). I wasn't able to put it on paper at 100 yds. as it started pouring rain (and I forgot my spotting scope), but I was able to it on some steel and was able to ring the 4" gong with decent regularity even with the bad eyes and poor weather. I have no idea why the previous guy cranked full-right windage on this thing.

I'd been eying these ever since they came out a few years ago, but previous experience with mil-surp parts kit guns told me to stay away (or at least approach with caution)...but MCM did a really good job with these and they're way ahead of any Century built parts-kit franken-gun.

It originally came with black furniture...

I swapped out for some green surplus bits to see how it looked with the grey receiver (the original Spanish models has green painted receivers and MCM offers models in green receiver/furniture, FDE receiver/furniture, and the black/grey combo)...

Last edited by kwb377; 09-16-2023 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Got out to the range today with my new-to-me Marcolmar Cetme L to check zero and function.
    I've seen 2-3 of those locally and the want factor is strong...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I've seen 2-3 of those locally and the want factor is strong...
    This one popped up locally on Armslist for a good price, so I succumbed to the temptation. Not being able to see/handle one in person is mainly what has kept me from grabbing one 'til now. The styling on this thing screams '80s...which is the same era I spent my pre-teen and teenage years drooling over pre-89 assault rifles in magazines and gun shows.
    Last edited by kwb377; 09-16-2023 at 08:53 PM.

I wandered around the woods with an over and under 20 gauge. I was looking for grouse.
    Did not shoot because no grouse appeared.

Yesterday, Just another outing with my Millennium Custom STI limited gun. 11 OAL, high senior OAL, and highest placement of those not to have some electronic doohickey sighting system atop their pistola.

Today my weapon of choice will be a Corvette Grand Sport, a parking lot, and some cones. Don’t expect to do nearly as well.

Site Supporter
    I'm a day late posting, but yesterday I shot my Glock 19, Glock 43, and my S&W Model 15. I just got the revolver earlier this year and only have about 350 rounds through it. I am not a revolver shooter, but I'd like to not embarrass myself when shooting a revolver. Yesterday the 15 started to feel "normal." Good hits were easier and split times dropped significantly, or rather I should say that I had split times. I'm very pleased.

Yesterday was 3gun at CCFSA in Wilmington OH. Typically I shoot my 5" M&P all tricked out with a direct mill SRO and Apex flat trigger and their barrel, but yesterday I decided to shoot my (mostly) everyday carry gun, a simple 4" M&P Compact with TFO sights, otherwise all stock.

Just you never mind that I made this "decision" because I left the nice 5" gun at home in the safe...

Seriously though, it did underscore my notion that sticking to a pretty consistent platform of guns does correlate between them pretty well. Also very convenient that all the loaded mags that I did manage to bring were compatible. I shot it well enough and really didn't cost me more than a few seconds on one target, that I am pretty sure I would have hit on the first try with the bigger gun. And it is all just a rounding error, I have a pretty good handle on the shotgun (if not much reloading is required) and pistol, I need to tune up my rifle shooting if I am going to improve.

ETA: There was one array that was shotgun/pistol optional that I might have gone pistol if I had brought the proper one with me, but I probably did it faster with the shotgun. It required two slugs and they maybe made it pistol optional for people that didn't bring any slugs.

Lame picture of the simple pistol, since this is a Gallery thread:

Name:  MMc M&P 4in.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  68.4 KB
    Last edited by mmc45414; 09-18-2023 at 07:08 AM.

Three CZ’s

I’ve carried AIWB for several years, mostly Glocks, Walther and HK, all striker fired guns. Even though I know there’s a chance of an AD to the groin area I managed to live with whatever anxiety that I experienced.

This year however I decided to make a change and go with a DA/SA pistol….in my case the CZ P07. One has had the trigger upgrade from Cajun Gun Works and the other two are stock. Two have Dawson fiber optic sights and the black one has XS night sights.

All three were milled by Scott Milam at Impact Machine here in Louisiana and he installed the RDS’s. I already had the 507k and the other two are Holosun EPS Carry….one red and the other green. Scott does great work and is someone you can count on to do it right the first time.

The DA on both green guns are a very smooth 8 pounds and the black is 10#. SA on all three range from 4 to 5 pounds.
    In addition to a lot of dry fire, they’ve all had north of 500 rounds through them. They don’t burp, stumble or clutch in any way.

Went out to the Ouachita Sheriff’s range this morning and shot the falling plates. Needless to say I’m very happy with my CZ’s….btw they’re carried in a JMCK George and a JMCK Road Dog. Good stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Name:  526C2607-95B7-454E-BB00-BB6F5B91C716.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  67.4 KB

I worked mostly on bowling pin targets with a 10/22 Compact, S&W 15-22, my 1986 Ruger MkII, , 22/45/TacSol and the optic ready M&P9 compact. I also shot the carry mag and a practice mag from my 380 M&P Bodyguard. I enjoyed the MkII, I haven’t shot it very much since I shoot the 22/45 more now.

User Tag List