Page 225 of 232 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2319

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    I recently bought a S&W 617 and have fallen in love!

Shot it a lot today, and also took one of my 10/22’s for fun….

Attachment 116428

Attachment 116427

Attachment 116431

The TD is a Ruger TD receiver, Kidd bolt & trigger, Volquartsen barrel and Dead Air Mask can.
    I picked up a lightly used 4” 617 late last year and based on a single range trip so far, it’s an extremely enjoyable revolver to shoot.

And your TD reminds me I need to start rounding up parts again for my TD project.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Gen 3 G26 with irons, came in 5 th out of 21 with As - time - I work on time dilation geezer speeds. However, for hits, just as well as most with optics. Distances weren't far as an indoor match. Confirms to me that my 26 is a great carry choice for moi. Shot it out of a JM Rough Dog, my holster of choice nowadays.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Just got home, it was function test day:

* MPX-K in SD guise, it ran great but pointed up the need to do something about charging handle gas (I have the Permatex already)
    * New G45 with ACRO
    * New MAC JSOC 5”
    * Ruger LW 5”
    * Fusion CCO

The Ruger and Fusion have red fiber optic fronts, I think I need to switch them to gold beads - I may try another color fiber first. Burning a bunch of .45 AARP was cathartic.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Name:  Range 2024-03-24b.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  104.9 KB

Circling back to discussion in a different thread, on grip impacts - the 640 shifted high and left after putting on the wood combat grips. It really prefers the Pachymahr Compacs with my hands. The .38-44 shifted to shooting low from high last time but that could be either adding the grip adaptor or shooting different ammo this time out. Probably both go back the way they were grip wise.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Site Supporter
    ^^^^Re: the .38/44, were you shooting the same bullet weight but with different ammo, or different bullet weight? That revolver is probably regulated for 158-grain bullets; if you were shooting the usual 130-grain FMJs, they'd shoot below the POA.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    ^^^^Re: the .38/44, were you shooting the same bullet weight but with different ammo, or different bullet weight? That revolver is probably regulated for 158-grain bullets; if you were shooting the usual 130-grain FMJs, they'd shoot below the POA.
    Different bullet weight, different brand. Last time she was out it was 158 grain standard pressure and she was consistently about 2" high. This time around it was 125 grain +p and about 3 inches low. Need to lay in some stouter 158's to really get her to zero but shooting what's at hand.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Different bullet weight, different brand. Last time she was out it was 158 grain standard pressure and she was consistently about 2" high. This time around it was 125 grain +p and about 3 inches low. Need to lay in some stouter 158's to really get her to zero but shooting what's at hand.
    Got it. I'd hate for you to change out those grips and grip adapter, they look so right on that gun! If we lived closer, I'd let you try some of my .38/44 factory duplication loads, a 170-grain LSWC running 1070 fps from a 4". I made them up for my M28-2.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Name:  Range 2024-03-24b.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  104.9 KB

Circling back to discussion in a different thread, on grip impacts - the 640 shifted high and left after putting on the wood combat grips. It really prefers the Pachymahr Compacs with my hands. The .38-44 shifted to shooting low from high last time but that could be either adding the grip adaptor or shooting different ammo this time out. Probably both go back the way they were grip wise.
    What’s the bottom one? It intrigues me…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    What’s the bottom one? It intrigues me…
    Manurhin MR73, 3", .357, with giraffe bone grips. A really great shooter but doesn't get out often. The range bag is usually full up with stuff for wife and stepson which means most frequently a snub for me to stay up on EDC. They're visiting family out of state this week though so a little more room for me today.

My 1903 and 625 after a hell of a hike through the 2 feet of snow we just got.
    Name:  20240325_121520.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  33.4 KBName:  20240325_123225.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  54.2 KBName:  20240325_123234.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  20.1 KB
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

User Tag List