Page 124 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2319

Thread: What did you shoot today?

My first ever Carry Optics division match at the CMP park today. Very early in my dot journey, and new to the 320 platform this year, so struggles with me, but there are no hardware problems in my life so far.

Name:  P320 carry optics gun.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  44.8 KB

My daily carry P365XL in a 10 stage USPSA match. Left quite a stench out there. Rough.

The upper is from a new production Colt 6920 OEM 2 with BCM handguard on LMT lower. The upper had no issues with cheap Wolf and worked fine for 100 rounds or so. The optic will probably be replaced by something.

.32 LCR & G26.5

Actually last Sunday, but haven't had time to post...typing this up tonight is my Friday night excitement.

I always had stellar vision, 20/10 forever, didn't get glasses until I was 48. Currently 53AF and I've noted a big decline in my visual acuity over the last several months. Due in no small part I'm sure to my working far too many hours chained to a desk in front of dual monitors with a 3rd screen being inevitable...but it is what it is.

While I really like shooting pretty much anything with a trigger, my absolute, primary focus is self defense. Doing dry work without my glasses on, I finally admitted I was seeing jack shit for a sight picture at best.

Back in the latter 1900's, the good and wise Louis Awerbuck (RIP) turned me on to the Novak 1/2 moon rear sight coupled with an original Ashley Big Dot front sight. As my skill level grew, I abandoned that set up for the enhanced precision of a black Warren/Sevigny Competition Rear with a thin black tritium front. Now, I'm returning to Louis' system, lo these many years later.

My edc G26.5 with as crisp a pic as I can take:

Name:  Big Dot-26.5 Crisp .jpg
Views: 274
Size:  36.0 KB

Pretty good representation of what I see without glasses in good lighting:

Name:  Big Dot-26.5 No Glasses.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  35.1 KB

Added an orange standard dot to my .32 LCR as well. This is pretty much how it looks to me with or without glasses:

Name:  Standard Dot-.32 LCR Same Same.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  33.8 KB

Life currently has me at a sprint, I try to stay Systema about it...it is what it is. Planning my route of the day's essential errands, I also pack a meager, but fiscally efficient range bag with my edc G26.5, my LCR, 6rds of 100gr Buffalo Bore .32 Police Longs, 30rds of .32 wadcutter and 50rds of 9mm WWB, don my intentionally neglected 19.4 in my newest IWB#3 and plot a dot for a semi-convenient indoor range. I haven't fired a round in months, this is happening dammit.

I put on my shooting glasses (my previous prescription glasses, but I won't won't freak out if they get scratched/chipped/broken) prep my shooting tray, run my sole, paper IDPA, target to 25' and immediately fire 6rds of BB .32 at center mass as quickly as I can see an acceptable sight picture.

Name:  1st 6 BB - .32L 25ft.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  33.8 KB

I think the hanging chads were caused by the target still fluttering when I started my string. That or the rounds are tumbling like a sumbitch after striking paper.

I follow with 10rds from my 26.5 to the head box:

Name:  1st 10, 26.5, 25ft.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  37.5 KB

Weird...I never miss to the right. I note this and attribute it to the fact that 99% of my last couple of months of dryfire has been with the LCR and it's relatively heavy trigger.

I proceed with the 30rds of .32 wadcutter followed by 30rds of 9mm, all to (ok, towards) center mass, in a mix of two hand, right hand, left hand and always moving the target 5' closer or farther, from 25' to the maximum 52' between strings.

Name:  36rds .32, 40rds 26.5, 10rds 19.4.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  40.0 KB

Almost done for the day (22min total time from check in to check out), I discreetly load my carry mag in the 26.5 and exchange it for my holstered 19.4 and insert a G19 mag with 10rds of WWB I'd saved back. While my hand prefers my sole 19.4 to my 19.3's as a general thing, I actually don't like the Proctor black rear/red fiber front set that adorns it, but they'd served me well in Steel Challenge and I'd never bothered to change them.

I haven't fired a single round from any Glock but my 26.5 since I dedicated myself to that pistol carried IWB for the better part of 3yrs since AIWB abruptly abandoned me...whatever, I don't miss it. You hear that AIWB?? I don't care if you don't like me anymore. It's not me, it's you!!

Anyway, anyway, from the same 25' where the session began, I fire those last 10rds to the head box, sucking a bit to the upper left, like God intended me to do:

Name:  Final 10, 19.4, 25ft.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  37.3 KB

I scan the counter as I'm leaving and stop to fondle a new G19.5, without the stoopid fucking mag cut out on the front strap. Crap, my hand likes it a lot. I'm already thinking about getting a wider version of 3M @GAP tape to slap on it and I don't even own the damn thing yet.

No bs, in working dry drills with my 26.5, my handling has suddenly regressed noticably. Dry work with any of my G19's feels sooo good. So I ordered a 19.5 through an FFL buddy and called Milt Sparks to have them start a horsehide Executive Companion for it.

And fwiw, I posted a WTB/WTT for an Ex Companion to run with my 19.3 & 4's while I'm waiting...just sayin.

Site Supporter

M11-A1 P239 Target

First range session with my new M11-A1 and confirming zero on my P239. I'm pleased with the accuracy of both pistols. I have a new Ameriglo Front Sight ordered for the M11. That will get the POA/POI closer.
    Name:  M11 239 Target.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  37.2 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Due to the cold, me and the boy went to the indoor range on a Saturday. I was quickly reminded why I avoid public ranges on Saturday.

My son shot the MKII in prep for upcoming Steel Challenge. The HR999 using 45 year old ammo was fun as usual.

Also passed the No Fail with my carry gun.

Good times were had by all.

Name:  20220326_135319.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  20220326_134550.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  31.8 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

I managed to grab an ACRO P2 from Aimpoint's Wednesday-morning drop. It got delivered this morning, so I mounted it up on the Glock 17 MOS I bought for it and went shooting. No issues. Once I vet it a bit more it'll replace my G17 Gen 3 with a Deltapoint Pro as my primary CCW.

Name:  G17 ACRO P2.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  28.1 KB

I also got a Parker Mountain Machine threaded G17 Gen 5 barrel for mounting my SWR Trident 9.

Name:  G17 Trident-9.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  22.6 KB

Late last year I became aware of a service that Silencerco offers to update the baffle stack and mount on Trident 9's to Octane 9 specs. I got it converted a couple months ago and this is the first time I've shot it since. I'm using a Griffin Armament Octane 9 CAM-LOK piston and corresponding CAM-LOK interrupted thread taper mount adapter. It's advertised as not loosening like a normal 1/2x28 thread, and after 100 rounds that seemed to be the case. As a plus, I found that my normal 3.2 gr Titegroup/147gr Blue Bullet practice/USPSA load will cycle the suppressed G17. The Trident 9 before conversion required a couple tenths of a grain more powder in the load to cycle the gun.

Name:  G17 CAM-LOK.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  31.0 KB

Site Supporter
    The old and the new.

Name:  682933D2-B323-446C-91D0-025FE767ED8E.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  69.4 KB

Took a first-timer to the range yesterday. Ruger Mk. II with a dot, Model 15, and G19.

He had a great time with the Ruger, especially breaking pieces of clay pigeons on the berm. The centerfires were a bit intimidating so not many rounds, but he said he enjoyed the opportunity to try them.

I had forgotten how much I enjoy shooting the Model 15 double-action. :-)

User Tag List