Page 123 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2315

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Impatiently waiting for my suppressor to get approved!
    Name:  195A3A6A-1089-46B8-B8ED-CF69BF7EA359.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  101.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Shot my SW 1911Sc Commander in a USPSA match. Only one easily fixed hiccup. Performance, three ok stages, one horror show (as I said elsewhere, my wife had to tell me to shut up about it).

I enjoy the gun. I like the push, book and big holes. It was crank when first bought but settled down. A little too big for EDC on little old me but I could I had to.

No fumbles on the safety on the draw - I got that down.

Site Supporter
    Name:  Steyr FRB.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  61.4 KB

I shot 150 rounds through my new Steyr M9-A2 MF pistol this afternoon. I had to failure to return to batteries and a little brass to the face. Very sad.

EDIT: And I even lubed the pistol before I shot it!

Big weekend of goofing off with guns.

On Saturday I did a night shoot put on at the Laughery Valley Fish & Game club in SW Indiana. The plan was that all guns were required to have a weapon mounted light, so I started out in the morning mounting a rail to the handguard on the PCC and moving the Streamlight over from my 300BO. Since I have my Three Amigos (9mm, 300BO, 5.56) all set up to mimic each other this was easy, I just positioned the switch and light the same way in the same place. I also moved my light over to the new M&P with the Apex trigger and barrel, and looked forward to trying out the JMCK OWB-2 I had not yet used. And the more I thought about, the more I realized I was not totally sure how well the MRO on the PCC was sighted in, so I scurried off to my local club for some 50yd shooting. Back home to shower and meet up to go on the ~2hr trip.

The options were to run it with PCC and/or pistol and/or shotgun. Couldn't (obviously...) start until it got dark and we had a 10:00pm curfew, I had my PCC and pistol, but decided to just pay one match fee and just do PCC. But by then I was already wearing my pistol rig as well (still working out the light on the 1301, didn't bring a shotgun, turns out nobody else did either) so when we got to the last stage I decided to just shoot it with pistol. And it was the good thing I made the effort to zero the red dot, it was all close range but small enough targets (mostly 4"-6" steel) I would have been off just enough to be screwed...

Not only was this fun, but it was pretty constructive, it is harder than it seems like it will be when you are farting around in you basement with the lights off. Catching some funky shadows and light bouncing offa the barrels, while making sure you don't pass up any of the hidden targets (I do not seem to be very good at math while the timer is running...). Good times and more fun than I expected with a good group of guys, walking around with glow sticks zip tied to themselves, spending 09:30-24:30 having fun with guns.

Then Sunday rolls around and of course I am going to go shooting with my buddies like I do every Sunday. Decided to use the JMCK light rig just for more practice. I do need to soften it up to form it around the tape switch.

There is a weekly indoor USPSA match tonight I sometimes go to, gonna skip that tonight!

Quick pic on the beer cooler:

Name:  MMc 030722.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  39.3 KB

I shot several runs of Front Sight followed by three runs of Lighting and Thunder with my Production rig today. After shooting CO for the last few months, I need to refresh my iron sight shooting in preparation for the major match season. It was pretty interesting. For both classifiers, I found my visual cues were lagging for the first run or two, and I was dropping too many points. After that, it was game on. Shooting CO has improved my speed and precision with irons, as long as I'm looking for the right cues. High M scores on Front Sight, and 97% & 100% on Lighting & Thunder, shooting relaxed.

Name:  CM09-09.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  28.8 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter

Just a few rounds thru my 229 and 239.

Just a few rounds through my 229 and 239 to check the new sights on the 239 and to confirm the last sight adjustment on the 229. Drifted the 239 rear sight when I got home.
    Hopefully I'll be able to get to the outdoor range for some drills soon.
    Name:  239 229 Target.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  27.6 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Have to come here more often!

I posted earlier on a cold “Test” shot today; as it was all I shot, just a note here also...
    10 rounds in 10 seconds to a B8 @10 yards, from the ready with a Sevigny sighted Gen4 19. 99 points in 8.29 seconds- I’m pleased.
    I have to check this thread more often, as you folks are inspirational! Good to see and hear about zeroing, shooting with kids and working on the art/sport.

Site Supporter
    Name:  D3160BAE-1DBD-46C6-B336-9796BE4E83E6.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  46.7 KB

Skittles battle with PMO/RDS.

IMHO force on force, which universally results in one or both parties moving is where the RDS shows it’s true advantages.

On another note…..

3 of 21 took rounds to the WML lens during the low light portion.

Name:  7E61DAFC-7D4D-451A-A08C-A8F36EDFAEC9.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  28.7 KB

All three TLR-1 HL still worked.

Name:  CE76B46A-6689-4241-AACE-3E139C5F271D.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  14.4 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 03-18-2022 at 04:29 PM.

Site Supporter
    G26 in a carry gun USPSA match. Carry guns only, carry gear - no match gear.

Range day at work.

User Tag List