Page 232 of 232 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232
Results 2,311 to 2,312 of 2312

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Not today, but earlier this week I shot a new 9mm AR9 pistol called the Wraithworks Warscorp9 that uses Scorpion evo mags. Fully ambidextrous except for the left side non-reciprocating charging handle. Pretty neat 3 way mag release, with regular buttons on each side or a bottom paddle release.

Unfortunately I experienced some random bolt lockback with rounds still in the magazine. Contacted Wraithworks and very quickly got a response from Kevin the COO who said he would send out a heavier buffer which should solve the random lockback. It looks like the gun ships with an H3 buffer and blue spingco spring which makes the reciprocating mass about 20oz (bolt and buffer). From what I've read on the blowback9mm blog the ideal mass is 22oz minimum. Hopefully a heavier buffer will sort me out. Good support from a new company.

Other than that, the accuracy was great with my cheapo Bushnell TRS25 red dot mounted on it using 124gr precision delta reloads at 25 yards. Lots of fun in a small package.

Took the new to me Glock 17.4 down to the range. This thing was shot very little, so I felt like I got a good deal. Stripping it down after arrival, I found the extractor plunger was installed backwards. Lubed it up and headed to the range.

Surprisingly enough, it ran flawlessly. Ahem. Who woulda thunk?

I did dab a bit of bright orange vinyl paint on the front sight beforehand. I'm not a fan of the standard plastic Glock sights.

I swapped in the AA .22 conversion kit slide on it to trial that on the new Glock. It too ran flawlessly, even with Wally World Federal bulk, which was a very pleasant surprise.

Usually, I put an Apex FRE on these guns, but this thing never once tossed a piece of brass anywhere but out to the side. I'm not touching it other than to put a nice FO sight set on it. And an SCD, a copy if I have to. This thing could easily become my carry gun.

I worked on transitions and my draw. Getting better but I am still terribly slow.

But it was a good day at the range regardless.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List