I shot my m66 and a shockwave while my wife shot her M15 and her AR
    Name:  Resized_20200327_104809.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  65.6 KB
    Name:  Resized_20200327_105935.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  62.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Can't go to the range and don't have enough land to shoot on here, so I have to rely on the airsoft Glock 19 to get me through these trying times.

49/50 @ 5yd Airsoft Dot Torture:
    Name:  IMG_20200326_173014014.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  32.9 KB

Chris

Combined cardio and training this morning with Hwansik Kim’s Go Stop drill

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Previously sighted in “close enough” at 25 yds, I finally got to shoot at 100 and make the necessary adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

Smith 617 with Wind River Range Back Stop

Name:  Smith 617 on fence.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  70.9 KB

I shot some of these through my AR.

Name:  20200328_191358_resize_90.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  42.9 KB

I did some reloading yesterday using FC brass, 8208XBR, and the 77 Nosler CC w/ cannelure.

While I have quite a few 75 Gold Dots ready to go, I wanted something similar for precision target and maybe defense. This required some extra quality control steps to make sure they were 100% reliable.

It probably would have been easier to grab the bag of Winchester brass I have on the shelf but I wanted to see what I could come up with using 100 once fired FC headstamp mil brass, and right now I've got plenty of time

Started of with the usual tumble, size, swage, and trim. Checked headspace on every piece after that. Rejected 1.

Next came brass weight. Every piece was weighed within 1 grain. I had not done that step before and found some odd ones. Rejected 4.

Ran the remaining 95 in the ultrasonic cleaner with water, Simple Green, and a couple drops of dish soap. Then I tumbled again to give them a little polish.

Checked the primer pockets for media and started priming. 0 rejects.

Next was powder and I weighed every charge to within +/- .1 grain. 8208XBR flows really nice through the Lee Deluxe Powder Measure. Out of 95, I only had to re-measure 5 throws, and they were within .2 grains of setpoint.

Bullets were seated and OAL was measured on every one. There was one reject because the bullet took a lot more pressure to seat.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

G44 for a hundred rounds. Little break in the midst of a 16hr patrol shift.

This RRA Elite Commando that comes with a bit of a story. It was stolen from the original owner, recovered some time after insurance had paid on the loss, recovered from a criminal a bit worse for wear, and sold to make the insurance company whole. I have owned it for about eight years now. The lack of care while in criminal hands shows as corrosion under the grips and the MSH has a small ding.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    This RRA Elite Commando that comes with a bit of a story. It was stolen from the original owner, recovered some time after insurance had paid on the loss, recovered from a criminal a bit worse for wear, and sold to make the insurance company whole. I have owned it for about eight years now. The lack of care while in criminal hands shows as corrosion under the grips and the MSH has a small ding.
    Based on a sample of one, maintenance doesn't seem to be a criminal priority.

When my wife moved out on her own, her mom bought her a pre-Thunder Bersa .380. Of course the wife's apartment got burgled within the first couple months and the pistol got taken. Flash forward about 15 years and wife's dad gets a call from the Sheriff's office: the pistol has been recovered and can be picked up. Apparently some kids found it in a paper sack in a field. Based on condition can't have been there long. Mostly OK shape but the barrel was pitted (rotted might be a better word) badly enough to have broken rifling in spots. Can only think they were using corrosive ammo and never once cleaned it out.

A little old and new today.

Name:  5048D278-C44B-486B-A57B-C8EF3E246FCF.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  83.7 KB

User Tag List