Page 128 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2253

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    It is and I wish someone would do a post on how to do that. Hint hint wink wink nudge nudge...
    I have no clue how to post videos on here. FWIW I learned that sling trick somewhere on PF. I did find this video for you tho. Around 2:18 the warrior poet dude breaks it down pretty good.
    https://youtu.be/K3yXTX6z_cw

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    I have no clue how to post videos on here. FWIW I learned that sling trick somewhere on PF. I did find this video for you tho. Around 2:18 the warrior poet dude breaks it down pretty good.
    https://youtu.be/K3yXTX6z_cw
    Just use the video tags {VIDEO}{/VIDEO} (replace {} with []) instead of URL tags.

That's a heck of a lot easier than I was trying to make it but then again, overthinking is a hobby of mine...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

More load testing today with the 223AI at 100 yards.

I started off with some 69 grain bullets and the results were dismal.
    Name:  20220416_125736_resize_42.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  24.9 KB

Next I shot a group of five 75 ELD-M and I think this is the winner. I got a little excited and put a little too much on the trigger and pulled the last shot.

Name:  20220416_125732_resize_85.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  28.2 KB

Next up was a load with a slightly smaller charge and OAL. It did okay but I'm leaning toward the previous load.

Name:  20220416_125726_resize_86.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  23.1 KB
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Ran some pistol drills with the guys from my LGS.

After lunch I came back and zeroed my.22 ARs after some optic changes. The Anderson/PSA got a Primary Arms .22 LR 1-6 and the Tippman got the Holosun from the PSA build.

Attachment 86940
    How long have you been running the Tippman? Looking at buying their Elite 16", is that the one you have? How is the accuracy with good ammo and does it have a preference for a certain brand/subsonic/high velocity, etc? Do you happen to know if the buffer tube is mil-spec? I want to swap on a SOPMOD stock and maybe another pistol grip. Is the flattop rail mil-spec Picatinny to mount something like a Geissele mount w/ Vortex Crossfire II? These look like a great .22 option, want to buy one for my daughters B-day and to train with myself to keep ammo costs down.

Took my Gen5 G19 MOS to the range yesterday to work on getting used to a new Safariland SLS/ALS holster I picked up for work stuff (7365 RDS). I haven’t run the dual retention setup in years and it’s going to take a lot of work to even get to consistent sub 1.5s draws. My current cold drill is a HITS 2 second standards from the draw at 5y. I managed three rounds in the black but was around 2.1s. I ran it a couple more times and I was consistently unable to break the 2s barrier. My best run was exactly 2.0s for three rounds in the black. From concealed AIWB, I’m generally good for 3 clean hits under 2s. After a magazine of that, I ran the Bakersfield PD qual using a B8 printed on computer paper stuck to an USPSA target. I was clean on stage 1 but at 1.51s, clean on stage 2 but at 2.08s, and clean on stage 3 in 5.96s (the only one I made the par time). I dropped one low off the B8 on stage 4 in 3.69s losing an additional four points for a 93/100. A slightly faster draw would have saved three points. I’ll be dedicating a decent amount of my dry practice to the Safariland holster for a little while until I can speed up the draw. I’ve tried the Bakersfield qual twice now and really like it. I might make it my cold test going forward.

Im currently still running irons as I haven’t taken the agency’s red dot transition class yet. I’m using a set of the Ameriglo Bold sights that Glock sells as an option on Gen5 guns. I forgot how low those things shoot with everything but 147gr. I like to aim with the top of the front sight and I’m hitting 6” low at 25y with our duty 124gr. If I drive the dot, I’m still a couple of inches low at 25y. I understand why Glock set the FBI’s sights to these dimensions at the time they gave them the M guns, since Speer G2 147gr had just taken the ammo contract, but most people are shooting 115gr or 124gr 9mm.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Im currently still running irons as I haven’t taken the agency’s red dot transition class yet. I’m using a set of the Ameriglo Bold sights that Glock sells as an option on Gen5 guns. I forgot how low those things shoot with everything but 147gr. I like to aim with the top of the front sight and I’m hitting 6” low at 25y with our duty 124gr. If I drive the dot, I’m still a couple of inches low at 25y. I understand why Glock set the FBI’s sights to these dimensions at the time they gave them the M guns, since Speer G2 147gr had just taken the ammo contract, but most people are shooting 115gr or 124gr 9mm.
    I had a similar problem with the stock sights on my G45. I replaced them with Ameriglo Hackatorns for the Gen 1-4 and the rounds (124s) land on top of the front sight now. I'm not the first one to notice this, @GJM squared me away when I brought this up earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I had a similar problem with the stock sights on my G45. I replaced them with Ameriglo Hackatorns for the Gen 1-4 and the rounds (124s) land on top of the front sight now. I'm not the first one to notice this, @GJM squared me away when I brought this up earlier.
    I’m just going to deal with it for now. When I get an optic mounted, the irons will be replaced with plain black suppressor height sights.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Name:  IMG_20220418_113917.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  98.7 KB
    Shot some pretty darn good groups today.

Wink

Shot our monthly Steel Challenge match with my 617 in rimfire pistol open against the auto loaders and did quite well.

I won my class (C) and also had the lowest times for any revolver in the match.

I'm working on trigger pull, transitions and accuracy at practice and trying to do the same for scores. It appears to be working.

I'm 13 seconds from getting into B class. Once I make that I'll work on A and then Master. Years ago before my health problems I was Master with my revolver and hope to do it again.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Name:  IMG_20220418_113917.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  98.7 KB
    Shot some pretty darn good groups today.
    What holster is that ?

User Tag List