Page 34 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 3-7-77 View Post
    I like that chamber brush, where did you find that?
    It's an Allison Speed Brush. I checked Brownell's website and it's apparently been discontinued.

Had to confirm and do a small tweak to my zero after switching out muzzle device.

Last edited by StraitR; 09-08-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Attachment 42318
    S&W M10-8, Spegel Boot Plus grips. 120 rounds total; 100 rounds of 4 grains Solo 1000 under a 158-grain RNL and 20 of 5 grains Unique under a 158-grain Rainier plated RN, drawn from a JMCK OWB #1. The first drill was a Five-Yard Roundup cold, 94-2x. Most of the ammo was expended doing failure drill/reload/failure drill on a FAST target from concealment. Found that my reloads, though not as fast as they used to be, are still halfway decent. Also had my usual good news/bad news situation - the good news is that the bullets impact right on top of the front sight; the bad news is that the bullets impact right on top of the front sight. It's been a while since I shot cast bullets into the sun, forgot what fun it was to have the target partially obscured. Good times!
    Where do you shoot at in SE LA? I’m always looking for new places to shoot that allow holster work.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    Where do you shoot at in SE LA? I’m always looking for new places to shoot that allow holster work.
    I'm in SW LA, near Lake Charles.

I'm in SW LA, near Lake Charles.
    My bad, I thought you were over here on my end of the state.

Two rounds of trap today with my Wingmaster. 21 & 20 birds pulverized. Not my best day, but when I’m standing next to guys with dedicated $3k specialized trap guns, I feel pretty good with using my field gun.

It's an Allison Speed Brush. I checked Brownell's website and it's apparently been discontinued.
    Thanks! I found a couple on eBay.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

25-yards, 10-shots using ammo boxes as a bench rest with 147-grain AE out of my STI.

If I hadn't forced those two fliers, it would have been one of the tightest groups I've ever shot.

Name:  IMG_4375.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  47.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4374.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  54.1 KB
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-15-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Site Supporter
    Going long range shooting next week in TN. Confirmed zero on my custom Accurate Ordnance 6.5 Creedmoor, my OEM Bergara HMR 6.5 Creedmoor, and my used but new to me Savage BVSS 12 223. Load for 6.5 CM is Nosler 140 Custom Competition BTHP (blem) over 41.7 grains of H4350 with S&B LRPs loaded on my Dillon 550 using the Dillon powder drop. Loads for 223 are Nosler 77 Custom Competition BTHP (blem) over 23.5 TAC with whatever SRP on hand, mixed brass again loaded on a Dillon 550 with Dillon powder drop. Yes, 550s with Dillon powder drop can load precision ammo.

Note: the Savage BVSS 223 is 1-9 but it is shooting 40, 55, 60, and 77s very well.

Also ran about 100 rounds through my new CZ P10F Optics Ready - shoots well. (Still waiting on my plate to mount my SRO). In route by FEDEX.
    Last edited by ranger; 09-15-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Took out my new-to-me Sig P226 MK25 and my Springfield Operator. Put 300 rounds through the Sig which was probably more than the previous owner. The mags didn't like the Winchester Forged steel cased ammo which has given me similar problems in other guns but other than the mag not feeding a couple times the gun was perfect.

Name:  MK25andants.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  92.2 KB

I didn't get my 1911 fix last weekend so I brought it out and put another 100 rounds through it.

Name:  operator.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  45.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List