Page 194 of 232 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2319

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Shot the heavy metal division of a 3-gun match yesterday using my Hardhat treated Les Baer Custom Carry .45ACP, 18.5" Remington Police Magnum 12 ga, and in one string my M1 Garand and then in the second string a 1953 Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk. 2. Had a total blast! I'm very fond of my Garand and I shot it well yesterday. I'm going to have to do that again with the Garand.
    That sounds fun!
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Recently picked up a Springfield Scout Squad and I was curious which .308 beat the shit out of me the least. Turns out to be the Scout Squad which happens to have a muzzle brake. Shocker.

Name:  IMG_20230709_132620561.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  67.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

What did you shoot today?

Warmed up with a few clips of 9mm LCR freestyle and WHO.

Shadow2 CO rig. Doubles freestyle/WHO 7yds. WHO using reverse gangster feels solid!

3 sets of wide transitions of various difficulties, with movement. 12-20yds.

The goal was to maintain fundamentals of transitions and recoil control under pressure. Eg. low .3x splits after wide transitions or movement.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter

P228 DA/SA Drills

120 rounds total of DA/SA Drills through both pistols at 10 yards. Fired as Controlled Pairs and Double Taps. Decocking between each pair after returning to Low Ready. First time out with both pistols. The head shots were DA/SA also.

Name:  228 Target.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  47.2 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Civilian M4

Picked up my "new-to-me" Colt Carbine today. 20 rounds at the FFL's 25-yard indoor range. Iron sights offhand, not great but also not too bad for never having touched the weapon before today. I think I'll put a red dot on it ...

Name:  IMG-6321.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  48.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Shot one of my HK USPC 40’s after having it converted from DA/SA to LEM via the HK kit.

Had a bunch of light strikes / failures to fire with Win Ranger 180 grain FMJ and Speer Frangible.

Also had the pinky rear break off an HK mag base plate.

Name:  IMG_1760.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  59.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_1756.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  26.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_1755.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  47.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_1758.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  35.2 KB

Tried the Walther PDP with various size back straps. Gun worked fine, the Ameriglo optic’s refresh rate issues were quite obvious working transitions and a plate rack. Also had a disappearing/ re-appearing dot issue which turned out to be the battery compartment screws working themselves loose under recoil.

Name:  IMG_9241.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  49.0 KB

I zeroed my 1987 vintage GP100 for an upcoming class. I also shot my M&P CORE/ACRO.

IDPA CO

Tested recoil timing on my home brew cutoff rifle compensator on a handgun IDPA CO setup....

Pretty good, I feel like I could go down on the recoil spring by a 1/2 or 1/4 coil. Just a whiff of terminal oscillation in slow mo.

While at the range a couple guys that I hadn't met before tapped me on the shoulder and told me they were setting up a stage on the next bay if I wanted to run it with them...

Long story short, I spent some time with them and had a nice afternoon. They were former bullseye shooters just starting IDPA so at their request I did a little teaching and they were super appreciative.

I told them I thought it was fantastic that they were branching out and exploring other shooting sports.

I might ask them for bullseye help in the future as it's one of my weaker disciplines.

Good times.
    Last edited by JCN; 07-21-2023 at 08:25 PM.

Yesterday I shot three rounds from a Marlin 336 in .35 Remington.
    In a sand pit where distance wasn't really available. Shot from about
    30 yards. Hit the target twice and threw one out to the right. I
    shot from offhand and had some trouble with the open iron sights.
    (I usually have scopes or peep sights on my rifles.)

I had made the reloads with H4895 powder and 180 grain soft point bullets.
    Wanted to check how they'd work in the Marlin. Worked OK.

Shot the full size Dagger frame and Combat Armory compact frame as discussed in the non-Glock Glock thread

Another 40-50 through the Fusion Gold 9mm 1911. 124gr S&B mostly bounces off my right arm between the bicep and mid-forearm. 124gr AE comes straight back and bounces off my forehead, my nose or my chest. So it looks like I need to see if there's any tension on the extractor. OTOH it fed and fired just fine so I've got that going for me... The targets make me look pretty decent at 10 yards so I'm not unhappy with it. It's just difficult to stay focused when I don't know if the next empty is going to bounce off my arm or my face....

20-148gr Precision One wadcutters and 20-148gr Fiocchi wadcutters through the K6S Target. It shows promise but I simply can't get comfortable with the factory wood or LOK grips I bought for it. I want to keep it and want to enjoy shooting it so I'll keep at it but it may end up on consignment if I can't come to a happy compromise on the grips. I suppose I need to find some Goodyears to try. Hogue maybe?

Finished up with 25 rounds through a rental G21.4. 5 rounds were enough to tell me it's just too damn big for my hands but I shot another 20 trying to find a grip that worked. I never did so I'll be crossing that particular "want" off my list.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List