Page 220 of 232 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2319

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Had the urge to run the Sig P220 and grabbed what turned out to be a mystery box of assorted .45s.
    Other than every round being a different recoil impulse, it handled everything just fine
    Name:  IMG_1760.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  52.4 KB

Shot the Falling Plates match with my Ruger/Volquartsen 22/45, S&W M&P15-22 .22LR, old school STI 9mm with a frame mounted C-More, and B&T 16" SPC9. Cleaned the plates with the 22/45 and then wheels came off while shooting the STI. I did OK with the M&P15-22 and much better with the B&T PCC as I only missed 1 plate out 48. I usually do really well with the M&P15-22 and OK with the PCC. This time it was the reverse. I believe that my cheekweld with the M&P15-22 was less than great as I have a problem with my earmuffs colliding with the stock of long guns. I usually remove the muffs and only use plugs when running long guns. I pulled off the muffs before shooting the PCC.

I've gotten a lot of good use out of that ~ 6 year old M&P15-22. I've put enough rounds thru it in competitions to wear out the extractor (replaced last year in August. Replaced with Volquartsen extractor.) and last week I replaced the worn out firing pin as I had intermittent failures to fire at last weekend's match with it. Thankfully a buddy lent me his bolt last weekend to shoot during the match and I won the division. I was lucky to discover the failures to fire while testing some new to me Remington .22LR ammo before shooting the match.
    I found that the new Volquartsen firing pin was 0.049" longer than the bad one I replaced. That carbine has been great. Especially considering what I paid for it. The Aimpoint Comp3 optic mounted on it was more money than the carbine. I've also been impressed by the Hiperfire triggers I've used in it.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 02-18-2024 at 10:09 PM.

Yesterday I tested some N133 with 64 gr Gold Dots.

All four groups shot under MOA, including this one
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Name:  Photo Feb 19 2024, 08 37 30 - Resize.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  50.1 KB

First time shooting for much anything beyond fun/plinking in the last 4 years this weekend after burning out hard in 2019. Mentioned to some buddies in our group chat a few months ago, "Hey, Sage Dynamics is doing an RDS class in Huntsville in February" and, fast forward those few months, had 5 good buddies and myself on the line this weekend. Great class that helped me get out of a funk on shooting and helped me understand running a dot more. Even better getting to do it with friends I hadn't spent hardly any time with in the last 3 years.

Pretty much out of the box stock G34.4 MOS (save for a the Trijicon sights, Tango Down mag release and SCD) with a CHPWS plate and a Holosun 507 I've had for a long time that never saw much action. Some zero issues with the combination where I had bottomed out the zero on the optic and couldn't get better than 5.5" high at 25 with AE 115gr, but things got a lot better over the course of the weekend (whether it was the gun settling down, me settling down, or some sort of dumb luck/internal Kentucky windage). In the end, everything got in sync well enough to earn a patch on the final qual.

Don't know if I'm gonna get back to shooting as much as I did, but it's a whole lot better now that I'm doing it for me and not work. Though the test engineer in me needs to figure out the deal with that optic setup . . .
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Revolver day. The more I shoot the Pythons the more I consider them just recreational guns. The 4-inch was a big disappointment, binding up badly with Sellier & Bellot 158 grain .357 and having light strikes with Armscorp 158 grain. The 3-inch cycled the Sellier & Bellot but also had light strikes with the Armscorp. Both ate 158 grain Blazer aluminum .357 like it was candy . Obviously not premium ammo here but the Pythons are more finicky than any other gun I own, including 1911s.

The Smith needs a combat trigger and better grips but performed perfectly.

Name:  IMG_2588.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  61.1 KB

Lots of shooting with GLOCK 47 & LWRC M6 10.5" duty carbine over the last 2 weeks- teaching at FLETC and doing demos for students.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Revolver day. The more I shoot the Pythons the more I consider them just recreational guns. The 4-inch was a big disappointment, binding up badly with Sellier & Bellot 158 grain .357 and having light strikes with Armscorp 158 grain. The 3-inch cycled the Sellier & Bellot but also had light strikes with the Armscorp. Both ate 158 grain Blazer aluminum .357 like it was candy . Obviously not premium ammo here but the Pythons are more finicky than any other gun I own, including 1911s.

The Smith needs a combat trigger and better grips but performed perfectly.

Name:  IMG_2588.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  61.1 KB
    FWIW: I've had binding issues with Sellier and Bellot before. European specs allow a thicker rim on .38 Special / .357 Magnum than American spec. If your revolver is at minimum spec head space it can bind the rim of these cartridges against the recoil shield. At one point I swore off the Sellier and Bellot .38 Special but it was a single range toy revolver that had an issue while my M38 Bodyguard absolutely loves Sellier and Bellot 158 grain JSP...
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    FWIW: I've had binding issues with Sellier and Bellot before. European specs allow a thicker rim on .38 Special / .357 Magnum than American spec. If your revolver is at minimum spec head space it can bind the rim of these cartridges against the recoil shield. At one point I swore off the Sellier and Bellot .38 Special but it was a single range toy revolver that had an issue while my M38 Bodyguard absolutely loves Sellier and Bellot 158 grain JSP...
    That's good to know and makes me feel a little better. Thanks!

Site Supporter
    Glock 17 Gen 4, irons. Shot decently - still undecided if RDS on my Gen 5 is better. Read all the debates, am I doing it wrong, etc.?

No stoppages. Just fun.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Yesterday I drove to the next county for the monthly pin shoot. Should have stayed home. Shot the Kimber Desert Warrior, M&P CORE/ACRO, Ruger 22/25 w/Aimpoint, and the S&W FPC..

User Tag List