Page 152 of 232 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2315

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Oh also… you had “production” listed but I didn’t see a reload…

Production is 10+1 and that was 12 shots unless I missed a stealth reload.

Did you reload? Or else you’re bumped to Limited minor.
    Mods feel free to move this to my journal..no need to clutter up this thread with back and forth.

@JCN I appreciate that. Now I understand why production is dead. Reload after 10 is a head scratcher. Very much looking forward to getting my slide back and having a consistent setup.

Also, I'm never sure if the stages (either SC or USPSA) are setup 100% correct. I did resort to using my LRF to check several times, but was called out for gaming. I explained that I was not confident in x's ability to read a tape measure, got a good laugh, and magically things started reading correctly.
    Taking a break from social media.

Ordered a Holosun SCS recently. Installed it a couple nights ago and zeroed it today. I’m liking it. Had an ACRO on this gun, gotta find (buy) something to mount it on now.

Bergara .22 LR Match

Our club had our monthly rimfire benchrest match this morning….a beautiful morning and a good turnout of shooters on hand.

I just wasn’t able to keep my shots in that little ten ring at 100 yards this morning….ended up 3rd of 12 shooters in Factory class with.a 189-2x.

Name:  E4C34ADA-1137-44E8-90DD-F6D0D9D42AD3.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  99.9 KB

Name:  3655ACCB-D089-497E-B91D-4F2DA60B9789.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  59.5 KB
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

What did you shoot today?

Shot a USPSA match that actually required speedy reloading on the move. 2nd place CO against very stiff competition. Fun! But I still miss Production.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Yesterday morning I went to the range with my new Bergara B14R - the glass for it is on the way still, but I was anxious/impatient and put on an old Nikon P-Rimfire instead, loaded with Eley Club.

Name:  IMG_1628.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  100.8 KB

First 5 were to just get it to where I could try to zero it, next 5 were for zero confirmation-ish, next 40 were to try to cement it in place..all groups (except for the bottom right 5 round group) are 10 round groups at 50 yards.

Name:  IMG_1623.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  83.8 KB

After all that I started to try to shoot groups, I had to make a couple of adjustments but by the last 70 or so rounds, I think I had it dialed in.

Name:  IMG_1636.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  85.3 KB

I'm not a precision shooter by any means...but this thing makes me look good. I forgot how fun rimfire could be...

I had a few minutes to rezero my APC9 on Friday afternoon after changing out the irons and optic. I got what I think is a decent zero at 25y so decided to push the distance a bit to see how accurate the gun is. Let’s say I was pleasantly surprised. I fired one 5-shot group prone at 50y using a 24rd Glock mag as a monopod. I did the same at 100y. Here’s what I ended up with. The box of 9mm in the photo is for scale. The red line group is 50y. The blue line group is 100y. Ammo was 124gr +P Gold Dot.
    Name:  665A8512-3D40-414A-9B27-0C3433E0A930.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  28.2 KB

I had to stop after the 100y string because I needed to get off the range so I didn’t get a chance to push it any further. At some point I’ll see what the gun can do at 150y.

What’s the general rule of thumb for 9mm zeroing regarding near and far zeroes? I had read somewhere that if you zero at 25y, the far zero should be somewhere around 75y. Both of these groups look a little high with my POA being the center of the red circle. Could the distance the rounds are crossing the line of sight again be further than 100y? The APC9 has a 6.8” barrel. It’s the only PCC style gun I’ve ever owned so I don’t have a ton of experience with this. With a regular handgun, I’m just happy to hit a B/C zone sized silhouette at 100y more often than not but I’ve never tried shooting for groups from the prone.

It’s good to know the gun appears capable of making 100y hits on targets the size of a box of ammo if I’ve got plenty of time and a stationary target. Now I’m curious what terminal performance looks like at 100y for this ammo. I wonder if anyone has done organic gel testing at 100y.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Went yesterday again to the range, again with the Bergara I posted about above in 22lr - this time I had put on a new scope; an Arken EP5 5x25...she is one chonky scope, but it's probably the best scope I own at this point, and it's fine on a 22lr. I may wind up buying another one to put on something else later on, but it's heavy...I like the feature set but the weight, oof.

Anyway - took the rifle out to zero it and try another bunch of ammo; a different lot of Eley Club (orange label), as well as some Eley Target (yellow label), that I managed to find locally.

After I got it zeroed to my liking, I started working groups - 10 rounds each at 50 yards - for scale, the paper is a standard 8x11 US sheet:

Name:  IMG_1647-resized.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  76.2 KB

So the first four rows are Eley Club - there's a couple of fliers; I would say in nearly all instances they were caused by me and I called them. A couple were not though; 4th row left-most target...that one that got away was not called, and ruined it, sigh. You can see in the middle of the 2nd row, I kind of lost concentration for a bit there. There's a few fliers here and there but they're generally pretty close by.

The last row was the Eley Target, 50 rounds, and you can see every group has a flier - and those were NOT called, not a single one. That was the ammo, straight up. The middle target, that flier was very, noticeably underpowered compared to the rest - the ammo felt really inconsistent when shooting it.

Damnit, this hobby is supposed to be cheaper than shooting centerfire...it doesn't feel like it's going to end that way..

Didn’t get any photos, but shot my G19.5 MOS, G45, and 19.4 Roland Special. Both the RS and 19.5 needed the dots zero’d. And the 19.5 and 45 both got new OP connectors and plungers that I needed to function test. Also the 19.5 was testing out a new KKM barrel and comp that I bought lightly used.

It’s insane how much better I can shoot the 45 frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Yesterday morning I went to the range with my new Bergara B14R - the glass for it is on the way still, but I was anxious/impatient and put on an old Nikon P-Rimfire instead, loaded with Eley Club.

Name:  IMG_1628.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  100.8 KB

First 5 were to just get it to where I could try to zero it, next 5 were for zero confirmation-ish, next 40 were to try to cement it in place..all groups (except for the bottom right 5 round group) are 10 round groups at 50 yards.

Name:  IMG_1623.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  83.8 KB

After all that I started to try to shoot groups, I had to make a couple of adjustments but by the last 70 or so rounds, I think I had it dialed in.

Name:  IMG_1636.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  85.3 KB

I'm not a precision shooter by any means...but this thing makes me look good. I forgot how fun rimfire could be...
    Something to consider- when changing ammo, it may take 5-10 rounds to let the barrel "season" to the change.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    I went to the range today for the first time in about a month. I shot my 17.5 and my CZ75B. I'd intended to take my Browning HP instead of the CZ, but I didn't need to dig mags out of a storage bin for the 75. I really like the CZ and should shoot it more than once every few years.

Name:  1775.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  60.8 KB

User Tag List