Page 230 of 233 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2329

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Yesterday OK?

Attachment 117227

I got the Sig two days ago. Got the Colt almost forty years ago. Took the Colt with me when I drove around the country in the late '80s. The larger sights and beavertail/ring hammer went on in the late '90s.
    My father in law had a Combat Commander with that finish.

Sig XMacro & Glock 48

Out again to the sheriff’s range on a beautiful Spring day!!

I added a Sig XMacro grip to convert my P365xl….and brought my G48 as well.

The G48 has an Apex trigger, but I also find that I really like the Sig straight trigger also.

Name:  IMG_0236.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  61.3 KB
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

No pics but I shot a 338 Edge and a 338 Improved. Distances were 700, 1785, and 2000 yards.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Yukon Cornelius doing open loading gate carry made child me so happy.

11.5” day - sighting in a SIG MCX and PM400 plus checking for zero shift with the can. Also sighting in the P30 LEM with the ACRO, it had a RMR before.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

My local club held an informal steel shoot this afternoon. I shot my Shield Plus with the Bushnell dot. It was pretty bright and I found the dot was more difficult to pick up. They had a plate rack and some other contraption that was a horizontal bar on an axle, with an array of knock off plates. Knocking down a pepper popper caused the horizontal piece to rotate, and the rotation would vary as plates were knocked off.

The most interesting gun I saw today was an old Ruger 44 carbine. I’ve not seen one in quite a while. I’d shopped around online a couple years ago for one but they’re more than I want to pay

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    My local club held an informal steel shoot this afternoon. I shot my Shield Plus with the Bushnell dot. It was pretty bright and I found the dot was more difficult to pick up. They had a plate rack and some other contraption that was a horizontal bar on an axle, with an array of knock off plates. Knocking down a pepper popper caused the horizontal piece to rotate, and the rotation would vary as plates were knocked off.

The most interesting gun I saw today was an old Ruger 44 carbine. I’ve not seen one in quite a while. I’d shopped around online a couple years ago for one but they’re more than I want to pay
    And they aren't getting any cheaper either. Every couple of years someone posts up about one and I go looking around thinking I'll find one "in my price range" but never do. I got out of the .44 game altogether but if I ever go back it will be with a lever action. I don't see the Deerstalkers coming down in price nor do I see anyone making a new version that's going to be any less expensive.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I shot my G17 in a "daily carry gun" match. Outlaw IDPA type match shot on USPSA metric targets. One tragic note, my Glock choked on one stage and had a failure to feed. Happily I didn't stand there staring at the Glock. I launched into TRB mode w/o hesitation. Cleared it and finished the stage.

I didn't get the ejected round to diagnose but I am blaming a bad reload that somehow escaped my rigorous QA regimen.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I shot my Shield Plus with the Bushnell dot. It was pretty bright and I found the dot was more difficult to pick up.
    I think the direction of the sun out there can be a factor.

They had a plate rack and some other contraption that was a horizontal bar on an axle, with an array of knock off plates. Knocking down a pepper popper caused the horizontal piece to rotate, and the rotation would vary as plates were knocked off.
    I think that thingy is generally referred to as a Propeller. Did they use the big honking piece of lead to get it swinging initially?

I’d shopped around online a couple years ago for one but they’re more than I want to pay
    I am also like that with cars, who woulda ever thought an air cooled Bettle convertible could be worth as much as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I think the direction of the sun out there can be a factor.

I think that thingy is generally referred to as a Propeller. Did they use the big honking piece of lead to get it swinging initially?

I didn’t notice. I saw there was a piece of wood between the popper and the propeller.

User Tag List