Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: USPSA Ammo Questions

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'll second this - I've had good experience with this load, and the recoil is noticeably softer than any other factory load I've tried. I have some Atlanta Arms Select to use up, but once that's gone the Syntech Action Pistol will be my match ammunition.
    Thanks I’ll look into this ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'll second this - I've had good experience with this load, and the recoil is noticeably softer than any other factory load I've tried. I have some Atlanta Arms Select to use up, but once that's gone the Syntech Action Pistol will be my match ammunition.
    I have a vague recollection of seeing reports that it was not particularly accurate — anyone shot groups with it?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Interesting review, who has shot a fair amount of this Syntech ammo?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...nition-review/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Good price for Syntech 9mm 150 gr at Brownells. Buy two of the 500 round ($113.99) add code "JBA" and you get a case(1000 rds) for $202.98 shipped.
    Don't forget to go thru the pistol-forum link!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Interesting review, who has shot a fair amount of this Syntech ammo?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...nition-review/
    I know this is an older thread, but thought I’d update with my experience.

It’s soft and quiet shooting. A case I bought last year gives me a misfire once in every box. Resetting the trigger without ejecting it will fire it on the second hit in the identical spot. If I eject it and reload, it’s 50-50 if it goes off. Recently I’ve been through about 2k rounds of recent production in the slightly larger boxes with no problems.

I shot the MN section match with it and was pleased. This match had no steel due to inconsistency and wanting to run smooth with no equipment failure issues.

Two weeks later at the WI section a guy on my squad got popper screwed using this load. Decent hit but did not fall. Dude with the calibration gun dropped it like a rock. On our last stage we had 5 poppers in a close together row at about 9 yards with a clamshell and two targets behind vision barriers. I was first on my squad and had a great run. Called every shot- all 5 steel, 5 alpha and one Charlie on the paper.

At the unload and show clear I got a strange look from the RO. One of the poppers was still standing with a hit about 2” below the center of the circle. I ask for calibration. This time it fell slower than a tortoise, but it fell. RO tells me
    I got popper ‘effed.

I’m going back to 147 AE. It’s 142+ PF but poppers always fall.

As a data point for whatever its worth factory blazer brass 147 made 153 power factor out of my glock 34 gen 5 at the MN section match.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    In general I find that the heavier the bullet the softer the feel. This is most noticeable in lighter guns like Glocks. As the gun gets heavier it becomes less noticeable to almost negligible. In any given course of fire or drill shooting performance differences are basically imperceptible. But over high round count practices or matches the fatigue of shooting sharper impulsed rounds can add up to minor decreased performance. By minor I mean a really small increase in "bad" shots. Maybe 5 out of 600, hard to say. I also find it slightly easier to track soghts with a softer round.
    To get more weight into the pistol many add tungsten guide rods and heavy magazine base plates. I found a use for the cavity at the rear of the Glock grip. I crammed two ounces of tungsten putty into it. It's found in the Pinewood Derby section of Amazon.

Name:  tp1.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  77.4 KB

Had to leave room for the magwell's brass weight.

What factory loaded brands and projectile weights will yield major power factor?

What factory loaded brands and projectile weights will yield major power factor?

Not into reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by IT1 Wes View Post

Not into reloading.
    Basically any (Almost) 40SW and 45ACP

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
    As a data point for whatever its worth factory blazer brass 147 made 153 power factor out of my glock 34 gen 5 at the MN section match.
    Admittedly you've got a longer barrel than my P99 (5.3" vs 4 "), so that's a factor, but that load is making 22PF higher than my 125 gr hand loads (I chronoed 131 at the 2019 MN section match), which means it's traveling almost as fast even though those bullets are 22 grains heavier. I bet blazer brass 147 would still make minor with some cushion out of a 3" barrel.

User Tag List