Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: USPSA Ammo Questions

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'll second this - I've had good experience with this load, and the recoil is noticeably softer than any other factory load I've tried. I have some Atlanta Arms Select to use up, but once that's gone the Syntech Action Pistol will be my match ammunition.
    Thanks Iíll look into this ammo.
    No one can pass through life, any more than he can pass through a bit of country, without leaving tracks behind, and those tracks may often be helpful to those coming after him in finding their way. --Robert Baden-Powell USPSA#A92555

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'll second this - I've had good experience with this load, and the recoil is noticeably softer than any other factory load I've tried. I have some Atlanta Arms Select to use up, but once that's gone the Syntech Action Pistol will be my match ammunition.
    I have a vague recollection of seeing reports that it was not particularly accurate ó anyone shot groups with it?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Interesting review, who has shot a fair amount of this Syntech ammo?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...nition-review/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Good price for Syntech 9mm 150 gr at Brownells. Buy two of the 500 round ($113.99) add code "JBA" and you get a case(1000 rds) for $202.98 shipped.
    Don't forget to go thru the pistol-forum link!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Interesting review, who has shot a fair amount of this Syntech ammo?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...nition-review/
    I know this is an older thread, but thought Iíd update with my experience.

Itís soft and quiet shooting. A case I bought last year gives me a misfire once in every box. Resetting the trigger without ejecting it will fire it on the second hit in the identical spot. If I eject it and reload, itís 50-50 if it goes off. Recently Iíve been through about 2k rounds of recent production in the slightly larger boxes with no problems.

I shot the MN section match with it and was pleased. This match had no steel due to inconsistency and wanting to run smooth with no equipment failure issues.

Two weeks later at the WI section a guy on my squad got popper screwed using this load. Decent hit but did not fall. Dude with the calibration gun dropped it like a rock. On our last stage we had 5 poppers in a close together row at about 9 yards with a clamshell and two targets behind vision barriers. I was first on my squad and had a great run. Called every shot- all 5 steel, 5 alpha and one Charlie on the paper.

At the unload and show clear I got a strange look from the RO. One of the poppers was still standing with a hit about 2Ē below the center of the circle. I ask for calibration. This time it fell slower than a tortoise, but it fell. RO tells me
    I got popper Ďeffed.

Iím going back to 147 AE. Itís 142+ PF but poppers always fall.

As a data point for whatever its worth factory blazer brass 147 made 153 power factor out of my glock 34 gen 5 at the MN section match.

User Tag List