Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith Model 14 Dayton Heavy Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Just bought one on GB. Appreciate Nyeti making us aware of this particular rendition. Appears to be a great all around revolver.
    Wish I knew that was you. One of us could have stopped earlier. I got on with less than a minute and was ready to just send a sure thing bid and decided to keep my monetary sights set on a pile of killer guns I badly want.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Also, your acquisition is from the largest run of the guns. 800 pieces that were likely done in 1967.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Site Supporter
    I was watching it too. I had my finger poised to bid but I decided not. I did win a reissue S&W 21-4 .44 spec for $565 w shipping so I do have something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I was watching it too. I had my finger poised to bid but I decided not. I did win a reissue S&W 21-4 .44 spec for $565 w shipping so I do have something to look forward to.
    Ooooh

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Wish I knew that was you. One of us could have stopped earlier. I got on with less than a minute and was ready to just send a sure thing bid and decided to keep my monetary sights set on a pile of killer guns I badly want.
    I'm hoping I can parlay you running up the price on me (since I was bidding first) into a discount on one of those wonderful toys you wow us with someday down the road. Maybe at a Revolver Round Up or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I'm hoping I can parlay you running up the price on me (since I was bidding first) into a discount on one of those wonderful toys you wow us with someday down the road. Maybe at a Revolver Round Up or something.
    I told another buddy who was also bidding it is my own damn fault for posting a bunch on the history of the guns or nobody would have known what it is and I could have had a clean second one. I told him that I bet the other guy bidding read my stuff. Turns out I was right.

I told another buddy who was also bidding it is my own damn fault for posting a bunch on the history of the guns or nobody would have known what it is and I could have had a clean second one. I told him that I bet the other guy bidding read my stuff. Turns out I was right.
    You are right indeed. No denying it. I know I am not alone saying we all really appreciate your posts. I've learned a lot from your activities here and elsewhere and genuinely appreciate it. Hope I can meet you in person down the road.
    Last edited by Willard; 07-15-2019 at 09:50 PM.

On that note, I'm begging you not to do a big expose on the Jovino Effector, at least not until I find one for me.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    On that note, I'm begging you not to do a big expose on the Jovino Effector, at least not until I find one for me.
    Revenge for losing that Hanen Special will be sweet....;-)

Here is some info and a picture of mine. In the one of the muzzles of a 15,14, and Hanen/Dayton you can see how big the Dayton barrel is.
    Wow, look at the prices.. Now if I could just get the time machine working....

ETA: Dagga Boy, when are you going to publish a coffee table style book on all these wonderful S&W revolvers you have?
    Last edited by ralph; 07-16-2019 at 09:57 AM.

User Tag List