Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith Model 14 Dayton Heavy Barrel

Smith Model 14 Dayton Heavy Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How do you like the grips compared to other options?

What is the difference between the model 14 and 15?
    The Model 15 (Combat Masterpiece) has a 4” tapered barrel & ramp front sight.

The Model 14 (Target Masterpiece) normally has a 6” or even 8 & 3/8” barrel (the latter being the longest permitted in Bullseye competition) with no taper and a Patridge post front sight.

The Dayton Model 14 was a special order 4”
    Last edited by jtcarm; 07-29-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Here is some info and a picture of mine. In the one of the muzzles of a 15,14, and Hanen/Dayton you can see how big the Dayton barrel is.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    This is why we don’t have a gunbroker account. Can’t afford all the impulse buying I would probably do.

When Wayne and I were figuring out the revolver Super Test, I used my Hanen Special. Here are a couple targets from that. It is very rare I ever out shoot Wayne.....VERY rare. Like I said before if I ever needed to shoot for money or one shot for life, the Hanen would be a first choice
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

This thread caused me a wave of nostalgia. When I was a teenager, my shooting mentor did LOTS of purchases from Dayton Gun Headquarters. He often took me along to the shop. He bought enough guns from them that they would phone him if something came in that they thought he would like.

The neighborhood wasn't great back then. Nowadays it is terrible. Dayton Gun Headquarters moved south of town, to Centerville, probably in the late seventies or early eighties. They're long gone now. I still have a lightweight Colt Officer's ACP that I bought from them. It was the first alloy Officer's that I had seen and I snatched it up.

Rosco

I am in armed security guard school as part of the process for getting back to doing armed protective work. Shot a target yesterday on the State Qual the school is going to frame. Brought the Dayton Gun in today. Was shooting a quarter size hole over the X right up to the end. My glasses totally fogged over in the indoor range and basically shooting blind at 15 yards I dropped 3 in the 9 ring. Up till then, it was a stunner. Still feel if I was shooting for money with a dead stock gun, this would be it. I was approached by some students who were amazed. Told them it was going to be my grandpa armed SEC Urity GARD at the mall revolver....;-)

Site Supporter
    Which one is it in the photo of the muzzles? The middle one?

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Which one is it in the photo of the muzzles? The middle one?
    Yes
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Just bought one on GB. Appreciate Nyeti making us aware of this particular rendition. Appears to be a great all around revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Just bought one on GB. Appreciate Nyeti making us aware of this particular rendition. Appears to be a great all around revolver.
    Congtats, be sure to put up some pics when you get it!
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List