Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Smith Model 14 Dayton Heavy Barrel

Here is a picture of Dobbs 15-7 and my Hanen Special with Targets from a HiTS Super Test. Look at the guns and targets. If you want to actually shoot and use the gun, the 15-7 is the way to go. My Hanen is special to me more because of the year it was made and it is worn enough to be a shooter.
    Also...cerakoted guns from people I do not know scare me to death. You never know what it is covering up or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 07-17-2019 at 09:04 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Here is a picture of Dobbs 15-7 and my Hanen Special with Targets from a HiTS Super Test. Look at the guns and targets. If you want to actually shoot and use the gun, the 15-7 is the way to go. My Hanen is special to me more because of the year it was made and it is worn enough to be a shooter.
    Also...cerakoted guns from people I do not know scare me to death. You never know what it is covering up or not.
    Well, I suspect you and Wayne could do pretty close to those pics with about anything you all yanked out of the safe, but you are correct, the 15-7 is the most practical solution. For the going price on the 15-7's I'm seeing, add on some Herrett's, and you aren't even 1/2 way to a Hanen. With the scarcity of the Hanen's, they are better off in the hands of a serious collector like you, as they won't be shot to death and then neglected. These revolvers, and the back story you have been providing on them has a special value that is hard to measure. I for one appreciate all that you do in this aspect as it gives me great enjoyment to see some wonderfully preserved revolvers of days gone past, and the story of the men who used them.

Truth be told after all the back and forth today on this posting, if I lucked into a Hanen, I would probably be too scared of damaging it to truly enjoy it.
    And ditto on the cerakote.
    Last edited by wvincent; 07-17-2019 at 09:53 PM.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    I blame DB for the all the revolver lust on gunbroker. I bid on a very nice S&W model 10 3” w factory banana grips (target round butt?). I bailed at $630

You guys have me coveting a Model 15. It will be joining some other 3", 4", and 5" K-frames. Would definitely like a shooter. The 15-7 seems to get talked about...why do you guys like those better than the earlier ones?

Thanks in advance.

Look what I found

Custom built "Dayton" HB. Loves me those gold bead front sights.

Name:  pix555530518.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  29.4 KB
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post

Good for you! I need better search skills on GB.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Is that a factory Dayton or a chopped 6”? Either way it nice

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Is that a factory Dayton or a chopped 6”? Either way it nice
    To the best of my knowledge it is a custom. M10 4" heavy barrel with the patridge sight added screwed onto a Model 14-3 .
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I was watching that one on GB. I am glad it went to a good home.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post

Did you get this one, Lt. Dave? Love that honest holster wear on a great working revolver. Lots of the Lord's work can be done with that one!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List