Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: Smith Model 14 Dayton Heavy Barrel

  1. #1
    AIWB Cultist Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio

    Smith Model 14 Dayton Heavy Barrel

    Someone buy this so I donít:

    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/780522583

    @Dagga Boy
    Last edited by Lon; 07-28-2018 at 10:28 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

  2. #2
    I paid a $1000 less for mine and itís a favorite shooter because of that. Mine has Hurst stocks on it. Reality is it is a birth year gun for me, set up like a squared away gunfighting cop in the mid 60ís would set it up, and dead stock if I was ever shooting for money on a bet would be my first choice. Someday....when the collection is sold off and I am breaking the rules at the old folks home, my Dayton special will likely be laying on the nightstand. With my collection, that is saying something.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

  3. #3
    AIWB Cultist Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I paid a $1000 less for mine and itís a favorite shooter because of that. Mine has Hurst stocks on it. Reality is it is a birth year gun for me, set up like a squared away gunfighting cop in the mid 60ís would set it up, and dead stock if I was ever shooting for money on a bet would be my first choice. Someday....when the collection is sold off and I am breaking the rules at the old folks home, my Dayton special will likely be laying on the nightstand. With my collection, that is saying something.
    Is $1200 a good deal for one? Thereís another on GB for twice that. Iím ignorant of whatís a good price for these.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

  4. #4
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Wish I had the extra cash. Though it's not an Adam-12 6 inch, I would still like it.

    What grips did they carry in that show?

  5. #5
    Member 03RN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rhode Island
    I'll have to double check but I think my shop has one for a grand.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Wish I had the extra cash. Though it's not an Adam-12 6 inch, I would still like it.

    What grips did they carry in that show?
    Original season was a 6Ē Model 14 with Fuzzy Farrant grips and later a 4Ē Model 15 with Farrants.....shocking, but I have copies of both with Farrants on both of them.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Is $1200 a good deal for one? Thereís another on GB for twice that. Iím ignorant of whatís a good price for these.
    When they start wanting serious money the guns need to be near new with the box and all the accessories. Mine was likely carried by a cop or security guard based on the holster wear and likely in a holster that was too tight for the ultra heavy barrel. It has one of the old school dry snap and live fire action jobs that is wonderful.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 07-29-2018 at 07:51 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Southwest Pennsylvania
    That one is being sold as is with no inspection period or returns. That means this one is a risk.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    That one is being sold as is with no inspection period or returns. That means this one is a risk.
    Yeah, but it is practically local for Lon...

  10. #10
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Original season was a 6Ē Model 14 with Fuzzy Farrant grips and later a 4Ē Model 15 with Farrants.....shocking, but I have copies of both with Farrants on both of them.
    How do you like the grips compared to other options?

    What is the difference between the model 14 and 15?

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •