Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tippmann Arms M4-22

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Automag/E-Mag: Tuned Beretta 92 or CZ75 race gun for professionals. These people will murder you in a match. Go to a different field.
    Yeah, I always lusted after the idea of a custom Automag built around the RT valve. It just seemed like the most mechanically elegant system out there, but it was also too rich for my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    So given the pricing and the non-awesome rep Tippmann has (or at least, had; it's been a while since I paid attention to paintball guns), I think it bears asking what this gun does that the S&W M&P 15-22 doesn't. It seems like the M&P 15-22 can frequently be had for a lot less than the $550 MSRP Tippmann is asking for theirs.
    Interestingly enough, the MSRP on the 15-22 is $449 for a mostly polymer gun. Taking that into account, an additional Suggested Retail of $100 doesn’t really seem all that unreasonable for a mostly metal firearm.

Name:  E04BA726-583E-4B21-A839-E64F94CBA700.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  28.2 KB
    Last edited by Wheeler; 07-30-2018 at 08:39 AM.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    There are some funny correlations to guns:

Tippmanns were the HK of paintball. Shitty triggers but they just always worked, including cold weather. Choice of LE agency training guns and paintball range rentals. Feed it anything you want. Model 98 was their attempt to be more attractive to the mainstream, like the VP9.

Brass Eagle = Hi Point. Cleetus and all that. No two were the same...they were all bubba'd with dangerous, tacky looking jerry-rigged modifications.

Autocockers = 1911s. People had these for pride of ownership, and spent a month of tinkering so it could make it through 1 game day. Superbly temperamental on what ammunition you fed it.

Spyders = Cohen-Era SIG. Lots of unnecessary options, cool-guy features, and bling at various price points.....but they wouldn't run as well as Tippmann. At some point, the gun would go down during a game day. Good idea to bring a second gun.

Automag/E-Mag: Tuned Beretta 92 or CZ75 race gun for professionals. These people will murder you in a match. Go to a different field.

heh. Paintball. I had a lot of fun playing paintball in middle and high school. Almost got shot by some cops when it came over the radio that a kid had been shot, and the dispatcher forgot the whole "children with paintball" part.

IDK. If I had hope for any paintball gun company bringing to market a successful real gun, it'd be Tippmann. My observations on the companies are 20 years old though, so it's possible Tippmann went down the tubes. I think they actually started as a company making .22LR machine gun replicas before they even started making paintball guns.
    Very accurate. All I ever really used were the Tippmann guns, although I did buy a used 'race' gun with all the electronic stuff once. I had some buddies who got way more into it than be and started a speedball team that traveled around a bit. They even bought a decent number of the inflatable bunkers and would set up a field for people to come play on. Good times about 10-15 years ago.

Thread drift.

I built a full M4 training gun a few years back.

Pretty much everything Tac com Made at the time. Stainless Cmmg style bolt group, dedicated 22LR match barrel, buffer plug, extended firing pin/extractor, raptor CH, laure trigger (added 5 years or so after it was originally built)
    Daniel defense Lower, T1 on a Larue Mount etc

Once I was far enough in to have bought decent 5.56 it was too late.

The one piece imo that lead to this Guns extreme reliability is the boonie packer better mag adapter for use with the M&p15-22 mags - which I have found to be excellent.

Would have been a ton cheaper to get an M&p 15-22 but I’m happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Interestingly enough, the MSRP on the 15-22 is $449 for a mostly polymer gun. Taking that into account, an additional Suggested Retail of $100 doesn’t really seem all that unreasonable for a mostly metal firearm.]
    Unless, of course, that metal firearm is a POS.

Also, I’m not sure there’s any real tangible evidence that metal>plastic in this case.

The way I look at this is that you can get a known-entity for $100 Les, which is a no-brained in my book.
    Last edited by rob_s; 07-31-2018 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Also, I’m not sure there’s any real tangible evidence that metal>plastic in this case.

The way I look at this is that you can get a known-entity for $100 Les, which is a no-brained in my book.
    Hard to disagree on any of those points, but they're also true of just about anything that's new, which is why it's so nice when other people buy new stuff and share their experiences with it.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Hard to disagree on any of those points, but they're also true of just about anything that's new, which is why it's so nice when other people buy new stuff and share their experiences with it.
    I almost put a comment in my post about being thankful for the pioneers who take the hit of early adoption.

Important to remember that different isn’t always better, better is better. But better is always different.

Is there any tangible evidence at all regarding the superiority of one vs the other?
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Is there any tangible evidence at all regarding the superiority of one vs the other?
    no comparison that I'm aware of. Just a track record of one having been a pretty good performer, vs an unknown with no real claimed benefit.

But I'm well aware that's not enough for most people, and in fact seems to be a booger trap that people can't help but go wandering into.

no comparison that I'm aware of. Just a track record of one having been a pretty good performer, vs an unknown with no real claimed benefit.

But I'm well aware that's not enough for most people, and in fact seems to be a booger trap that people can't help but go wandering into.
    Yeah. That reminds me of all those silly folks that bought them plastic guns...
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List