Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tippmann Arms M4-22

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Yeah. That reminds me of all those silly folks that bought them plastic guns...
    And those midlength AR15s...….
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter

I used to have my own "outlaw" paintball field in the woods near my house. I had a started with a Spyder, buddies had Tippmans, 1 dude had an Evo... it was a great time. I used to practice rolling my fingers. Eventually I started playing stock class with a Sheriden PGP pistol. Stil have that somewhere.

Tippman was always the most reliable marker. It wasnt popular for speedball with inflatables, but they were great in the woods.

Tippmann is the only brand I could see moving into real firearms. They're older stuff has been used for pepper balls and stuff by LE I think. With paintball starting to get pricey maybe they need to branch out.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 08-03-2018 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Yeah. That reminds me of all those silly folks that bought them plastic guns...
    Somewhat of a red herring as the Glock at least offered lighter weight, greater capacity, more compact profile and (at least claimed) improved reliability. The tippmann .22 offers... different?

For every Glock success story there are literally thousands of fails.

But if you and others want to be the early adopters chasing butterflies, have at it.

Besides “metal receiver” (which is ironic as fuck given your comparison), what is it the Tippmann is referring that’s better than the known performers already on the market?

Cool

I think its worth pointing out that Tippmann actually began as a firearms manufacturer before they got into paintball.

Their specialty was the manufacture of 1/2 scale 1919 machineguns in .22lr - note the 1911 for scale:

"Tippmann Arms miniature firearms are fully functional, firing, 1/2-scale models of the famous Browning machine guns. Chambered in .22 Long Rifle, .22 Magnum and most recently .17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire, they are belt-fed just like the originals. They are identical to the original Brownings; and the detail in which they are manufactured and assembled is nothing short of amazing."
    http://www.smallarmsreview.com/displ...idarticles=164

A video of one of these little gem's in action:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9M3de5mISY

Site Supporter
    I bought a S&W M&P 15-22 when they first came out. I never had any problems but I have not used it as much as I anticipated ( .22 ammo drought, work) I think I am going to trade it in on a new S&W 12-22 moe and get a Tippman arms too. The S&W for the kids and the tippman for me. I wish 30 rd mags were available for the tippman.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I bought a S&W M&P 15-22 when they first came out. I never had any problems but I have not used it as much as I anticipated ( .22 ammo drought, work) I think I am going to trade it in on a new S&W 12-22 moe and get a Tippman arms too. The S&W for the kids and the tippman for me. I wish 30 rd mags were available for the tippman.
    SBR’d my 15/22 about 20k rounds ago... it goes on every range trip since then.

Anybody here using these Tippman AR .22, currently? Looking at buying one for a .22 trainer, since ammo costs are basically forcing my hand if I want to practice more.

Also considering an M&P 15-22 Sport but would prefer an all metal receiver set for safety in the case of OOB firing, etc. Does anybody know if the buffer tube is Mil-Spec on these? They claim MOST parts are but not specific parts, I have a nice pistol grip and stock I want to put on it which (B5 SOPMOD, MOE SL-K or A2).

I also seem to have a mental block against giving Smith and Wesson money at this point, never have and really don't want to either.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Anybody here using these Tippman AR .22, currently? Looking at buying one for a .22 trainer, since ammo costs are basically forcing my hand if I want to practice more.

Also considering an M&P 15-22 Sport but would prefer an all metal receiver set for safety in the case of OOB firing, etc. Does anybody know if the buffer tube is Mil-Spec on these? They claim MOST parts are but not specific parts, I have a nice pistol grip and stock I want to put on it which (B5 SOPMOD, MOE SL-K or A2).

I also seem to have a mental block against giving Smith and Wesson money at this point, never have and really don't want to either.
    I originally bought the Tippman pistol and liked it enough I bought the rifle.

Re: the buffer tube. If you mean is it mil-spec sized - yes it will work with any standard stock.

If you mean is it made of mil spec materials, I don’t know but you could swap it. It accepts standard AR buffer tubes and rear plates. I know because my one complaint about the Tippmans is the rear plates with extended sling loops which come on the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I originally bought the Tippman pistol and liked it enough I bought the rifle.

Re: the buffer tube. If you mean is it mil-spec sized - yes it will work with any standard stock.

If you mean is it made of mil spec materials, I don’t know but you could swap it. It accepts standard AR buffer tubes and rear plates. I know because my one complaint about the Tippmans is the rear plates with extended sling loops which come on the guns.
    Thanks for the quick reply, think I'm going to just make an Easter Impulse buy and not second guess it since I just came across these and I trust your judgement on firearms.

That pistol sounds like an awesome .300 BLK trainer, good to know also on the buffer tube. Now I just need to figure on going pistol or carbine, I've got a 16" Geissele Super Duty which this should approximate nicely but no pistol/SBR yet (looking into a 9-11" .300 BLK so tempting). Also the pistol weighs much less for my 8 year old daughter to learn with. Too many options is both good and bad.

User Tag List