Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where/how do you carry spare ammo if you carry aiwb?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    slow strip
    You're never gonna make it in marketing.

J-frame reloads go in my R front pocket. If my 442 is in my R pocket, I carry a six round strip in the same pocket, between the holster and my leg. Not recommended, killed in the streetz, etc.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You're never gonna make it in marketing.

J-frame reloads go in my R front pocket. If my 442 is in my R pocket, I carry a six round strip in the same pocket, between the holster and my leg. Not recommended, killed in the streetz, etc.
    True dat Hambo! Slow strip be betta dan no strip. Really they are for after action or tact loading 1,2 or so rounds.
    CYA Retro
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Attachment 28643

Like that. It's a Safariland CD-6 holder, with a rubber band/elastic hair tie, for the necessary tension to keep the loader in place.
    What barrel length is your GP? Does the rubber grip cause clothing to catch on it?
    I don’t carry anything AIWB but I always carry a speed strip in the RH front pants pocket along with the 442.
    A 2x2x2 Galco ammo pouch is on the belt at about 1:30.
    Need to look into one of the plainclothes speedloader carriers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    Attachment 28660

Another jframe in another pocket and the 7rd slow strip in right rear pocket and a 5rd slow strip in my left rear pocket.
    CYA Retro
    What holster is that?

Quote Originally Posted by duelist View Post
    what holster is that?
    aholster...................he makes em right and left handed..........cya retro
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    What barrel length is your GP? Does the rubber grip cause clothing to catch on it?
    I don’t carry anything AIWB but I always carry a speed strip in the RH front pants pocket along with the 442.
    A 2x2x2 Galco ammo pouch is on the belt at about 1:30.
    Need to look into one of the plainclothes speedloader carriers.
    It is a 4" half-lug gun, so comparable in weight and balance to a 3" full lug. I've never had the Ruger grips catch on clothing, they seem to use a rubber that's a tad less "sticky" than others (i.e., hogue). Those are the compact "Lett" grips which are shorter, but also rounder in the butt than targets or Hogues. The gun will shift in the hand a bit during recoil of heavy .357 loads, but is fine with defensive ammo. As far as shooting goes, it's the closest thing out there to a 4" heavy-barrel K-Frame and in fact, that's a 4" HB K-frame holster that the gun is in, it's a great shooter. I can't figure out why Ruger doesn't keep the half-lug gun as a regular catalog item, but I guess the Match Champion is pretty close today, especially if you ditch the big Hogues and switch to compact Letts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    It is a 4" half-lug gun, so comparable in weight and balance to a 3" full lug. I've never had the Ruger grips catch on clothing, they seem to use a rubber that's a tad less "sticky" than others (i.e., hogue). Those are the compact "Lett" grips which are shorter, but also rounder in the butt than targets or Hogues. The gun will shift in the hand a bit during recoil of heavy .357 loads, but is fine with defensive ammo. As far as shooting goes, it's the closest thing out there to a 4" heavy-barrel K-Frame and in fact, that's a 4" HB K-frame holster that the gun is in, it's a great shooter. I can't figure out why Ruger doesn't keep the half-lug gun as a regular catalog item, but I guess the Match Champion is pretty close today, especially if you ditch the big Hogues and switch to compact Letts.

I like my half lug ex-security company .38 GP as well. Tried carrying it IWB at 3:30 yesterday but the shirt tail was trying to stick to the rubber ever so slightly. If I ever try AIWB, this would probably be the candidate.
    There were about six guns to choose from at the shop where I bought this one. I should’ve bought two. Had no idea how uncommon they are.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by deputyG23; 08-02-2018 at 03:36 PM.

User Tag List