Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where/how do you carry spare ammo if you carry aiwb?

Where/how do you carry spare ammo if you carry aiwb?

Now that my aiwb holster came in I'm curious where I'm going to carry spare ammo. A speed strip fits in my key pocket petfect. Sacrifice my front right pocket for a speed loader?

I'm waiting on a JOX speed loader pouch that I'm going to try at 11oclock and see if reaching across with my right hand is feasible​.

I have a galco speed loader pouch but it sticks out a mile. I also have a leather pouch that fits a speed strip but I would normally carry that at the 1 o'clock when carrying owb at 3 o'clock.

Let's see your setup or hear your recommendation.
    Attachment 28545
    Attachment 28546
    Last edited by 03RN; 07-28-2018 at 05:38 PM.

I use Del Fatti PMC carriers for my 9mm 642-1, which I do carry AIWB.

Either in a cargo or side pocket. Perfect indexing with the rod, and positions the moonclip for reloading.

I’ve tried a few different methods of carry, belt posts, Ruger clips, etc. Feel these are the best bet... judging you are running moonclips.

Normally when I carry a revolver it's my 60-14. I normally carry it in my right front pocket and a speed strip also in the same pocket.

With a revolver, the speed loaders are typically in the right pocket with a strip in the left; for pistols the spare mag(s) are in the usual 9-10 o'clock position.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    As above but I have a speed strip in a belt pouch at 2:00.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    With a revolver, the speed loaders are typically in the right pocket with a strip in the left; for pistols the spare mag(s) are in the usual 9-10 o'clock position.
    I keep my magazines around 11oclock. I've been carrying aiwb for the past 5-6 years I think. So I'm used to it. It's just a bit different with the revolver it seems due to reloads and bulk.

Why the speed strip in the L pocket?

So far tonight I've got the speed loader in my right pocket. I guess I've lost some weight as it fits comfortably. I just usually keep my keys there.
    Last edited by 03RN; 07-28-2018 at 08:16 PM.

I keep a speed loader in my right front pocket on J-frame (or K-frame) days, FWIW. If I have a jacket, I'll usually have a couple more sprinkled about, because, why not.

From hanging around Darryl, I thought the proper place to carry your primary extra revolver ammunition was in a second revolver?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    A speed strip fits in my key pocket petfect. Sacrifice my front right pocket for a speed loader?
    Do you mean watch pocket? I carry two speed strips back to back in my watch pocket with the tabs upward. Its been a strip of wadcutters and one of SWCs, which I suppose is what was handy when I loaded them last. The J was usually loaded with wadcutters.

Not exactly your answer, but I normally have a J or Colt D frame and a speedloader in the right front pocket, so a speed loader shouldnt be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    From hanging around Darryl, I thought the proper place to carry your primary extra revolver ammunition was in a second revolver?
    A NY reload. I like it!

I do weak hand reloads, so a Comp III stays in my left front pocket.

User Tag List