Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is happening right now at Naval Air Station Pensacola

This is happening right now at Naval Air Station Pensacola

No actual threat, just bullshit. Like searching service members will prevent anything.

NAS Pensacola now conducting random vehicle searches. Ordering drivers to open all compartments and stand across the road. Driver not allowed to watch search as it occurs.
    #RESIST

Fudge.

Glad I am wearing ACUs now vice my zippersuit. I can carry on me.

I guess the AR Pistol would be a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    No actual threat, just bullshit. Like searching service members will prevent anything.
    When I worked as a DoD cop we did random searches the same way.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    It's an open post and has a lot of tourists there to see the National Naval Aviation Museum, the Blue Angels, etc. I've been there and they had an armed gate guard but just waved me through. The museum is incredible if you're ever in the area. There are a lot of actual cockpits of planes that you...err...your kids can sit in and play with the controls, get pictures taken, etc.

It's no longer an open base.
    #RESIST

The MEPPS inprocessing location in ATL is like that. 100% total search of the exterior and interior. It got awkward when my wife and I headed there from work in separate cars when my younger lad was enlisting and bussing down to Benning. Fortunately the senior guy at the gate was cool with us consolidating all our hardware in my car and parking outside the gate in their parking lot while wife and I drove in with her now sterilized vehicle. What do they expect in ATL?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    It's no longer an open base.
    Then how do you get to the museum?

http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/a...ns/plan-visit/

Looks the same to me, show your ID and enter.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Then how do you get to the museum?

http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/a...ns/plan-visit/

Looks the same to me, show your ID and enter.
    I don't know, however I am relaying information directly from a friend stationed there.
    #RESIST

When I was stationed at NASP, and later on when I lived a few counties east but was no longer in the Navy (up until Nov 2013); the westernmost gate (Blue Angel Parkway) was open to the public for access to the museum. There were large red signs with flashing lights warning civilians not to go east of the museum area. The main gate was for mil only.

They are not searching civilians headed to the museum today; only military headed to work on the base.
    #RESIST

User Tag List