Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Skeeter fans

For the Skeeter fans

I didn't grow up reading Skeeter Skelton. Of course my wife could argue (and probably rightly so) that I never grew up at all but that's another topic for another thread...

Anyway, I ran across this website a few years back that has a bunch of Skeeter's articles. This one is one of my favorites: My Friend, The .357
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter

Thanks for the heads up on that website.
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

Site Supporter
    He published two books that are worth owning if you can stomach the price. I have both, but bought one at near normal prices and picked up the 2nd at a moderately inflated price. Last time I looked, both were over $100. His wife put out a collection of stories about him as well. I have that one, but would only recommend getting it after you get the other two.

Great writer and storyteller, one of my favorites.

Chris

Ate it up as a kid. When the 24-3 hit the shelves, I snapped one up.

His Dobe Grant stories were my favorites.

Bump for a new year

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Bump for a new year
    We all have time to read his books now. I reread portions of one his books earlier in the year before everything went to hell.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    We all have time to read his books now. I reread portions of one his books earlier in the year before everything went to hell.

Chris
    I need to break down and buy them. I've got Bart's Down on the Border but nothing from Skeeter. Looks like I'll need to hit the lottery 3 times. Once to pay everything off and have money to live on, once to feed the hobbies and once to buy all the books I want need.

Site Supporter
    After reading the article from the link, I can remember reading it at the time of its original publication. I started reading Skelton's stuff when I got back from Nam in 1971.

Thanks for the memories awp.

Dave

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    He published two books that are worth owning if you can stomach the price. I have both, but bought one at near normal prices and picked up the 2nd at a moderately inflated price. Last time I looked, both were over $100. His wife put out a collection of stories about him as well. I have that one, but would only recommend getting it after you get the other two.

Great writer and storyteller, one of my favorites.
    I dropped my subscription to Shooting Times when he passed.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List