Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: For the Skeeter fans

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I wonder what they all think about Internet forums...lol
    Nothing good.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Nothing good.
    I could see Elmer Keith having enjoyed firearms and hunting forums had he been born in 1949 instead of 1899. Keith, by all accounts I've read, enjoyed talking guns and hunting with anyone who would listen, and was diligent in answering reader correspondence throughout his career as a writer, both traits that would likely have led him to internet forums. There are some modern gun writers of long-standing who also have established a long-term presence on forums--John Barsness and John Taffin are two examples that come immediately to mind.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

It's been a while, but they used to let us pick up in downtown Ronan, MT which is just down the highway a bit... now, all orders are by mail and have to pay shipping. FYI for those that might
    be interested

rimrockbullets.com
    35675 Minesinger Trl
    Polson, MT 59860
    Last edited by Dusty Stone; 10-11-2023 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    I could see Elmer Keith having enjoyed firearms and hunting forums had he been born in 1949 instead of 1899. Keith, by all accounts I've read, enjoyed talking guns and hunting with anyone who would listen, and was diligent in answering reader correspondence throughout his career as a writer, both traits that would likely have led him to internet forums. There are some modern gun writers of long-standing who also have established a long-term presence on forums--John Barsness and John Taffin are two examples that come immediately to mind.
    I agree with you about Barsness & Taffin 100%. Both will respond quickly to questions asked to them.

Love Rimrock Bullets awaiting a order of 125 SWC 38s as I write this. This bullet is a winner in airweight snubbies.

Thanks to @SwampDweller for bringing this article up in the GP100 or PCC Comp 19? thread!

Skeeter's Dream Gun
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Thanks to @SwampDweller for bringing this article up in the GP100 or PCC Comp 19? thread!

Skeeter's Dream Gun
    I well remember reading that piece in one of his article compilation books. I still like his final product.

User Tag List