Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ban Tang Clinch Picks

Ban Tang Clinch Picks

For those interested, Illum has some of Ban's Clinch Picks available for sale: Ban Tang x Shivworks Clinch Pick (Single Edge, G10 Handle).

They also have some other Ban Tang knives: https://www.illumn.com/ban-tang-knives.html
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Thanks for the heads up!

I had wanted one for a while, and finally ordered one. My initial impression was that it was a bit smaller than I would have liked, and I wasn't as excited as I normally am for a new blade... but since carrying it for a week the knife disappears on the belt and feels very natural. It is such a purpose-built knife and I love it. The quality of is top notch and the convex edge is very nice and quite sharp.

I would definitely recommend them, and am tempted to order the double-edge version that showed up in stock since.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy View Post

I would definitely recommend them, and am tempted to order the double-edge version that showed up in stock since.
    This. The CPis the j-frame of knives, and the BT versions are like a 642 worked over by Gemini customs.

Extremely sharp and functional art tools that are compact enough to go with you *everywhere*. My BT CP is the one knife I’ll never sell... unless I get one of these new ones and like it more.

That DE with the flat grips looks like the ticket...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    That DE with the flat grips looks like the ticket...
    I should be able to tell you sometime next week :-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Never done business with them, hopefully a good company. Just ordered a dual edged model based on this thread. It said 9 available and 9 still available. Hopefully there are some in stock...

Excellent knife.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Never done business with them, hopefully a good company. Just ordered a dual edged model based on this thread. It said 9 available and 9 still available. Hopefully there are some in stock...
    I've bought easily near a dozen of knives from them. Never had a problem.

For what it's worth, Ban Tang is a person, and a heck of nice one. I met him at a Shivworks EWO class. It wasn't his first class, and Craig spoke very highly of him and his knives.

One of my favorite memories from that class was drilling with Ban. Although the drill was about working to a position of advantage while standing up, Ban and I ended up on the floor and Craig let us continue working. It was a fun little exchange. I was glad to have about 50lbs on him. Even with the weight advantage I didn't dominate.
    Last edited by Mark D; 09-11-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Anyone know if the sheath comes with a belt attachment? Site says it's predrilled for but doesn't say if it's included. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GhastlyTT View Post
    Anyone know if the sheath comes with a belt attachment? Site says it's predrilled for but doesn't say if it's included. Thanks!
    None of the knives I've ordered ever came with one.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

User Tag List