Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Italy & Vegas

Site Supporter
    Thank you. Awesome pics.

How was the drive to Vegas? I am not a big city guy, but I would enjoy the drive out west.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thank you. Awesome pics.

How was the drive to Vegas? I am not a big city guy, but I would enjoy the drive out west.
    The drive was just over 20 hours there and 20 hours back. We did it with 4 people in a Highlander so we were comfortable.

There were stretches in New Mexico and Northern Arizona that it seemed like the country went on forever.
    Once you got out there, the gas stations/ restrooms/ occupied buildings were few and far between.

We passed through a bunch of small cities, but Boulder City (Nevada) and Flagstaff (Arizona) both seemed to be pretty cool.

We saw some wild Bighorn Sheep while in Boulder City that were just walking around the highway. I couldn’t snap any pictures of them though because I was driving, but they were neat.
    Last edited by NorthernHeat; 07-25-2018 at 09:29 PM.
    Fringe class

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat View Post
    The drive was just over 20 hours there and 20 hours back. We did it with 4 people in a Highlander so we were comfortable.

There were stretches in New Mexico and Northern Arizona that it seemed like the country went on forever.
    Once you got out there, the gas stations/ restrooms/ occupied buildings were few and far between.

We passed through a bunch of small cities, but Boulder City (Nevada) and Flagstaff (Arizona) both seemed to be pretty cool.

We saw some wild Bighorn Sheep while in Boulder City that were just walking around the highway. I couldn’t snap any pictures of them though because I was driving, but they were neat.
    Man that's the way I like it. I love remote areas and the feeling of being alone.

Lot's of good food?

Any bad food? lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Man that's the way I like it. I love remote areas and the feeling of being alone.

Lot's of good food?

Any bad food? lol
    We tried a couple burrito places in NM and they were HUGE for like $4. Tasted pretty good too.

We were told by some friends we met up with to not even try the Tex-Mex/ Mexican food in NM as being from Texas we would have thought it was not good.

We decided to play it safe and hit up some chains near the hotel, but there were some really cool looking joints along the drive.

Those seem to always be hit or miss though. Either it’s gonna be the best you ever had, or your not gonna even be able to get back on the road because you can’t get off the toilet lol. I will usually play it pretty safe/ bland while traveling.
    Fringe class

When you said you went to Italy, I figured you were just driving south on I-35 from Waxahachie.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    When you said you went to Italy, I figured you were just driving south on I-35 from Waxahachie.
    Lol lol

Because it's Texas, we can't even say the name of the town the same as Italy the country..... IT-Lee
    Fringe class

Which church is that?

Site Supporter
    LOVE a good road trip.... !
    Done my fair share and then some.

Thanks for sharing.!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Which church is that?
    I think it is Santa Croce. It is the downtown area of Florence
    Fringe class

User Tag List