Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: FL Parking Lot Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Blues, I have to echo the other posters' thoughts in that you made an excellent summary.

One of the questions the prosecution team will ask all potential jurors is: "Are you now or have you ever been a member of Pistol-Forum.com?"

If you answer in the affirmative, you are disqualified from serving on the jury.
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Spot-on analysis from where I'm sitting.
    Gracias, caballeros.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

A little more about manslaughter in FLA:

The SA has to prove two things to get a conviction. First is that Drejka caused the death of McGlockton. There is zero doubt about this. The second part is that it was not justifiable. Without the video this would be tough. With the video, the jury gets to see McGlockton step back. The video is not Drejka's view, so that's something to work with, and if the defendant has money his attorney could get expert testimony. If he's doesn't have a lot of money, or has to use a PD, that's probably not going to happen.

It took a little digging to find it, but the 6th District SA convicted 77% of the defendants who went to trial in the last two years. This is a high profile Felony 2, so it won't be a junior ASA handling the case. The penalty is 15 years if convicted.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Andrew Branca has some comments on the manslaughter charge:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/manslaughter-in-20738632
    Last edited by zuplex; 08-14-2018 at 02:31 PM.

FL Parking Lot Shooting

Took a drive by the location today on the way to lunch in Dunedin.

Guess I wasn’t sure what to expect. Maybe the local protests evaporated after the Manslaughter charges were filed. Plus it’s still hot as heck here (93 something today).
    Last edited by RJ; 08-15-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Took a drive by the location today on the way to lunch in Dunedin.

Guess I wasn’t sure what to expect.
    It looks like every other no-name convenience store in Florida, meaning that it should have chalk dispenser by the door so you can draw your own outline for the homicide dicks. I never, ever stop at these places. Indicators of a no-go include lack of business name, neon ATM signs, ads for cheap beer, cigarettes, or phone cards, and presence of a pay phone outside.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    It looks like every other no-name convenience store in Florida, meaning that it should have chalk dispenser by the door so you can draw your own outline for the homicide dicks. I never, ever stop at these places. Indicators of a no-go include lack of business name, neon ATM signs, ads for cheap beer, cigarettes, or phone cards, and presence of a pay phone outside.
    It is.

The surrounding area is no prize either.

On the other hand, lunch was excellent. Once you get West of the Pinellas Trail, the demographics improve dramatically. We ate at Casa Tina on Main, just down from the Marina.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Thanks, Rich.

For the record, you have no shot at being a juror on this case.
    Heh.

Just received a Notice to report for Jury Duty Selection 15 Oct here in Pinellas County Court.

Well well well.

Heh.

Just received a Notice to report for Jury Duty Selection 15 Oct here in Pinellas County Court.

Well well well.

Well, let's see what you get picked for.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Well, let's see what you get picked for.
    Yeah I’m not sure obviously.

First time I ever had a ‘Voir Dire’ questionnaire enclosed in the summons though. But maybe that’s the norm for this county, I dunno.

Yeah I’m not sure obviously.

First time I ever had a ‘Voir Dire’ questionnaire enclosed in the summons though. But maybe that’s the norm for this county, I dunno.
    A limited questionnaire is standard here. Detailed ones come when you show up.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List