Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: FL Parking Lot Shooting

I often point out in my non LEO OC classes that if either of these cases had involved the "defender" using spray or a sap we wouldn't even know the incidents had ever happened.

If all you have is a hammer, something, something....
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Mike McDaniel throughly broke this case down in his blog.
    I also thought the article @Mas wrote in Handgunner was pretty good:
    https://americanhandgunner.com/the-a...immerman-case/

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I often point out in my non LEO OC classes that if either of these cases had involved the "defender" using spray or a sap we wouldn't even know the incidents had ever happened.

If all you have is a hammer, something, something....
    I'd be curious to find out how many places a sap would be legal to carry. I'd love to be able to carry one here instead of relying on a pocketed flashlight or folding knife as a defensive impact weapon.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'd be curious to find out how many places a sap would be legal to carry. I'd love to be able to carry one here instead of relying on a pocketed flashlight or folding knife as a defensive impact weapon.
    I know Claude carries on in GA legally. It's a state-by-state thing.

I can here as an LEO, I'm actually going to try and get the state law changed to allow them in KS.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I know Claude carries on in GA legally. It's a state-by-state thing.

I can here as an LEO, I'm actually going to try and get the state law changed to allow them in KS.
    Edited the post below to update upon further info:

@Chuck Haggard:

NC:

14‑269. Carrying concealed weapons.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person willfully and intentionally to carry concealed about his or her person any bowie knife, dirk, dagger, slung shot, loaded cane, metallic knuckles, razor, shuriken, stun gun, or other deadly weapon of like kind, except when the person is on the person's own premises.
    But it sounds like I may have an exemption based upon the following:

(b) This prohibition shall not apply to the following persons:

(4b) Any person who is a qualified retired law enforcement officer as defined in G.S. 14-415.10 and meets any one of the following conditions:

a. Is the holder of a concealed handgun permit in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter.

b. Is exempt from obtaining a permit pursuant to G.S. 14-415.25.

c. Is certified by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission pursuant to G.S. 14-415.26;
    I meet a, b, and c above.
    Last edited by blues; 08-25-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Zimmerman did call the cops and was walking back to his truck after losing Martin to go home when he was attacked. Mike McDaniel throughly broke this case down in his blog. 57 entries for your reading enjoyment.

https://statelymcdanielmanor.wordpre...n-martin-case/
    Hey, I've got not problem admitting that I didn't go back and re-read everything about that case and that my memory was vague and apparently faulty. I guess my point is that Zimmerman never struck me as someone who should have been doing what he was doing, at least not armed. He strikes me as someone who wanted to be something he isn't and when the consequences caught up with him, we got the Zimmerman case.

Edited the post below to update upon further info:

@Chuck Haggard:

NC:

But it sounds like I may have an exemption based upon the following:

I meet a, b, and c above.
    I'm afraid the concealed carry statue (14-415.25) in NC for non-LE folks only authorizes the concealed carry of handguns.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mc1911 View Post
    I guess my point is that Zimmerman never struck me as someone who should have been doing what he was doing, at least not armed. He strikes me as someone who wanted to be something he isn't and when the consequences caught up with him, we got the Zimmerman case.
    Even a cursory search will reveal evidence to back up that assertion in regard to individuals populating the rolls from "community watch" organizations all the way up to local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.

Pretty much like everything and everyplace else, I suppose.

"Blackjack" is not mentioned in FL statutes, but they're illegal. The statute says you can carry a gun, knife, or billie with a CWP. Prohibited weapons include "slungshot" which is something heavy on a flexible handle.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    "Blackjack" is not mentioned in FL statutes, but they're illegal. The statute says you can carry a gun, knife, or billie with a CWP. Prohibited weapons include "slungshot" which is something heavy on a flexible handle.
    I'm going to take advantage of the exemption cited above and ordered a small one last night (with thanks to @Chuck Haggard who patiently answered some of my newb questions on saps).

It's a Boston Leather 4 Ply "Midget". 6.75" long @ 9.5 ounces. Should be useful if only for some of the wayward curs occasionally encountered when I'm out walking locally without my blackthorn stick.

User Tag List