Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone run an XS Big Dot front sight with a 10-8 rear?

I do. Works well for me. ACW used to install this combo as well.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    With as many medical screens as I've been given in my life I think they would have caught that by now.
    Not unless they specifically tested for it.

https://enchroma.com/pages/test

With as many medical screens as I've been given in my life I think they would have caught that by now. Orange front sights have never worked as well for me as white ones. I've always preferred a plain black or Call sight on a S&W revolver as opposed to a red ramp even when I had 20/20 young eyes.
    My red weakness wasn't "discovered" until I was around 40. I can see bright primary red, e.g., traffic lights, stop signs, or at least I can distinguish them as unique colors even if I'm not seeing them exactly as most others do. Orange sights may as well be invisible unless there is a bright light source shining directly on the sight. The yellow HD's work well for me. The Big Dot front is definitely my favorite but I've yet to try various rear sights with them. Nothing shows up for me better than white, and big white is best, plus I can visually bisect a circle much easier than a rectangle.

They just flat work for me, but apparently most really don't like them. If you can possibly shoot any BD equipped pistol prior to buying, that would be the way to go.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Have you looked a night fision? They come in white. I have not tried them myself, but they look interesting.

https://www.nightfision.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I've filled the orange portion of a hackathorn front with white nail polish before. Worked beautifully. Nice large white area for my eyes to catch. But I still had the squared off post to work with. I simply applied the white nail polish with the brush and immediately wiped off the excess to preserve the black edges and tritium. A piece of printer paper wrapped around a credit card works great to wipe off the excess without removing the white paint in the recessed area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My eyesight has gotten bad enough I can no longer focus on a standard size front sight. I have an XS Big Dot front to try. It definitely is big but I can focus on it.

I am looking for a U notch rear like the Ameriglo Agent rear but without any tritium or markings.

What do you guys recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    My eyesight has gotten bad enough I can no longer focus on a standard size front sight. I have an XS Big Dot front to try. It definitely is big but I can focus on it.

I am looking for a U notch rear like the Ameriglo Agent rear but without any tritium or markings.

What do you guys recommend?
    Ameriglo Hackathorn, Ameriglo Agent or Bold, Night Fision.

Does anyone run an XS Big Dot front sight with a 10-8 rear?

Every year that goes by I feel like I'm getting blinder. The orange on the AmeriGlo's seems to wash out in my vision for some reason.
    How wide the 10-8?

Immediately before I found HDs, I was using a BD with a wide Warren rear. .180 wide me thinks. It wasn't too bad. Tricky for long precision but very precise if you lined it up perfectly. Obviously good fast and close.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Ameriglo Hackathorn, Ameriglo Agent or Bold, Night Fision.
    Where can you get a plain Ameriglo Agent?

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Where can you get a plain Ameriglo Agent?
    Maybe try Ameriglo.

User Tag List