Thread: LPA Adjustable Target Rear Sights

LPA Adjustable Target Rear Sights

I hit the 1,000 round mark on my USP Tactical today (largely in an attempt to smooth out the DA, which is still somewhat gritty) and gave it a 500-round interval cleaning shortly after. While cleaning it, I noticed the rear LPA adjustable target sight is actually spring-loaded rather than being fully locked into place with a detent. Pressing down on the rear sight leaf causes it to depress and pop right back up, and pressing left on the rear sight leaf results in a similar movement followed by spring reset. I'm assuming that the sight is built to maintain zero even with accidental "movement" like this.

With this in mind, does anyone have any long-term experience using these sights? I'm curious to know if the spring-loaded rear sight is going to potentially be a problem down the line. The gun has been plenty accurate with the factory zero for the entirety of the 1,000 rounds I've put through it, but if it's going to throw some problems my way in the long term I'd prefer to know sooner rather than later.

I had several K on an LPA sight on my Beretta Elite II. I never had any issues with it. I ditched it because the rear notch was not wide or deep enough. Otherwise I liked it quite a bit.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List