Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agent 42/43 sights on a G19X

Agent 42/43 sights on a G19X

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...20-212064.aspx

Help me think this through. I have BOLD Gen 5 sights on a 19X. The front is .200 high x .140 wide. POI is just a bit low at 25, closer to drive the dot, and of course the front is fairly wide at .140.

I was just looking over the Ameriglo Agent sights on Brownell’s, which I believe are the same, except they have a U notch rear. The model for the regular Glock is .140 x .180 tall, and the Gen 5 is .140 x .200 tall. However, the 42/43 set is .125 wide instead of .140 and .190 tall. That would seeem to raise my POI and give me a thinner front.

What am I missing here?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I expect it would raise it yes. I use a G43 CAP set on my primary carry Gen 4 19. Works great.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

As you know, a shorter FS raises the POI. A taller RS does the same. It sounds like the end result of the new combo would result in a .01 shorter FS, assuming the RS height is unchanged. On a 19x (5.98" sight radius) a .01 shorter FS would raise POI by 1.5" at 25yds.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    I have the same issue with the Gen5 Ameriglo Bold sights on a 19X. I ordered an Ameriglo front sight that’s .180 tall and .125 wide:

AmeriGlo GL-212-180-125-OR-C Glock Pro-Glo Green Tritium Front Sight Orange Outline

I haven’t received it yet, but I’m thinking it should pair pretty well with the rear sight and raise POI.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...20-212064.aspx

Help me think this through. I have BOLD Gen 5 sights on a 19X. The front is .200 high x .140 wide. POI is just a bit low at 25, closer to drive the dot, and of course the front is fairly wide at .140.

I was just looking over the Ameriglo Agent sights on Brownell’s, which I believe are the same, except they have a U notch rear. The model for the regular Glock is .140 x .180 tall, and the Gen 5 is .140 x .200 tall. However, the 42/43 set is .125 wide instead of .140 and .190 tall. That would seeem to raise my POI and give me a thinner front.

What am I missing here?
    Why aren’t you just ordering the orange proglo front that I have on all of my Glocks? .180” height/.125” width, hits POA 0-25 yards and has better precision than the .140” width original version.
    Last edited by GAP; 07-23-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Why aren’t you just ordering the orange proglo front that I have on all of my Glocks? .180” height/.125” width, hits POA 0-25 yards and has better precision than the .140” width original version.
    Brownell’s is about $85/for the front and rear together, while last I checked, Ameriglo was $60 for just a front, and you have to deal with Ameriglo fufillment, which is in my experience is spotty. Where are you getting them?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Try opticsplanet. They have Ameriglo Pro Glo Glock front sights for about $44.00. Not sure the part number though. Looks like they have orange or yellow.

Brownell’s is about $85/for the front and rear together, while last I checked, Ameriglo was $60 for just a front, and you have to deal with Ameriglo fufillment, which is in my experience is spotty. Where are you getting them?
    I do order right from them and you are right that fulfillment is spotty, but I can’t find that specific combination anywhere else. I can’t speak for the height rear you have, but all of mine are paired with the operator .256” height.

The way you described the .165” and .200” POI though sounds exactly like the situation I had when I bought my first Glock. I ended up just buying one of each of those heights and discovering that .180” worked perfectly for me.

I just can’t stand that wide of a front (.140”), so I pay the price and cry once. They have a plain black serrated front with tritium for $35 I think, if that is any interest to you (.185”/.125”).

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    Try opticsplanet. They have Ameriglo Pro Glo Glock front sights for about $44.00. Not sure the part number though. Looks like they have orange or yellow.
    They only carry the wide version (.140”).

This is exactly why I haven't purchased a setup from ameriglo yet for my 17 and 26. I called and spoke to Don. While he was very helpful I didn't get the impression that he was confident in his information he was giving me. I was looking for the gen 5 specific TCAP set with the .125 front but he said they don't offer a set with that front width as of yet.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List