Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agent 42/43 sights on a G19X

Per the agent thread in the pistol tech forum, I ordered direct from Don at Ameriglo. I wanted a Bold set for my 19X, but with .125 width front- he suggested .200 height for any/all Gen5. It took a few weeks to get with communication being not as good as most vendors (3 weeks to ship instead of quoted 2-3 days, never got promised shipping notification). The sights are nicely made, but hit 6-7” below point of aim when using 147gr and drive the dot. Currently working exchange for .165 front to get my preferred top edge of front post sight picture.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    Try opticsplanet. They have Ameriglo Pro Glo Glock front sights for about $44.00. Not sure the part number though. Looks like they have orange or yellow.
    +1. Definitely my go to source
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I wish Ameriglo would make a .125 wide, .245ish tall front so I could pair it with a Warren, 10-8, or Heinie rear.

Interesting...I ordered the Dawson sights specific to the Gen5 Glocks for my 17.5 which have a .03” taller front (.235” vs .205”) than standard Gen 1-4 Glock sights and, you guessed it, also hits below the dot. Haven’t measured exactly the offset to take advantage of Dawson’s perfect impact policy yet.

I am interested in this because all Gen5 sights I have seen recommend a .02”-.03” taller front due to “changes in barrel lockup” but seems like I am not the only one having lower than normal impacts.

Received the Agent sights from Brownell’s and installed the .125 x .190 front. Regulates perfectly on my 19X.

Name:  3AA48E4D-F318-42D8-9F8B-3F4C7EF1EAF9.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  71.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have the same issue with my .200 front on my gen 5, it hits very low. I just ordered the .180 x .125 to see if that brings everything back to poa/poi. My guess and from what I've read is that the sight picture was changed from top ledge to drive the dot. I also noticed Dawson has three different heights for the gen 5 models which seems rather odd to me. The g19/17 have a .235 front, the 19X has .225, and the g34 has a .215 front. I've emailed their tech multiple times because their .205 is pretty much universal for gen 1-4, not sure why multiple heights are needed for different models of gen 5. I'll probably end up throwing a .205 on after utilizing their policy but we'll see, still waiting for more people to confirm this.

User Tag List