Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 questions

Beretta 92 questions

So I've recently been bit pretty hard by the Beretta 92 bug Picked up a 2 tone compact last week, I'm meeting a local member tomorrow to buy his all black compact and I've got a few questions.

First up and most important, what is a pizza gun? Is it specifically a Beretta or any Italian handgun in general (Tanfoglio, etc?) If there's one thing my OCD needs, it's proper nomenclature.

What is a pepperoni rear sight? I saw it mentioned in the Beretta thread in the Gallery but never saw an explanation or picture of the what it might mean.

I'm a sucker for compact pistols. Any chance we'll ever see an LTT Compact?

More questions as they come to me...

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

This is the Pepperoni rear sight. Designed by none other than our own Les Pepperoni.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/...nfo/630SQ%2DS/

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    So I've recently been bit pretty hard by the Beretta 92 bug...
    As evidenced by all the post likes I got from you on stuff I posted in the Beretta picture thread.

First up and most important, what is a pizza gun? Is it specifically a Beretta or any Italian handgun in general (Tanfoglio, etc?) If there's one thing my OCD needs, it's proper nomenclature.
    I've always leaned toward it meaning Berettas but it's not like it's in the dictionary so if you want it to mean Itiallian guns in general I'm not gonna argue.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    This is the Pepperoni rear sight. Designed by none other than our own Les Pepperoni.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/...nfo/630SQ%2DS/
    Aha, thanks! It looks like Wilson has a $100 minimum for work orders and since the front sight can't be replaced with a dovetail I was looking at having the Inox slide drilled for fiber optic. This would make up the balance of the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    As evidenced by all the post likes I got from you on stuff I posted in the Beretta picture thread.
    Ha! I hit a bunch of likes in that thread. I was afraid someone was going to think I was trolling/stalking them! I'm trying hard to resist picking up a D model just because. Easier to resist until the fun fund replenishes.

I've always leaned toward it meaning Berettas but it's not like it's in the dictionary so if you want it to mean Itiallian guns in general I'm not gonna argue.
    I like the idea of it being exclusive to Beretta. Maybe Tanfoglios can be stromboli guns. And if Berettas are pizza guns, does that make a PT-92 a picanha gun?
    Last edited by awp_101; 07-21-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Aha, thanks! It looks like Wilson has a $100 minimum for work orders and since the front sight can't be replaced with a dovetail I was looking at having the Inox slide drilled for fiber optic. This would make up the balance of the minimum.

Ha! I hit a bunch of likes in that thread. I was afraid someone was going to think I was trolling/stalking them! I'm trying hard to resist picking up a D model just because. Easier to resist until the fun fund replenishes.

I like the idea of it being exclusive to Beretta. Maybe Tanfoglios can be stromboli guns. And if Berettas are pizza guns, does that make a PT-92 a picanha gun?
    I didn't get to shoot my 92D yet. A 92D Centurion I bought off gunbroker just showed up a day early at my LGS but I'm working OT so I won't be able to pick it up until Monday anyway. I have to get my trucks fixed up so it'll be my last gun for a long time unless someone wants to give me the deal of a lifetime or I win the lottery or something.

And the PT92 is just a POS. Nothing more.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 07-21-2018 at 07:18 PM.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    And if Berettas are pizza guns, does that make a PT-92 a picanha gun?
    Sure isn't a Fogo de Chao filet

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

And the PT92 is just a POS. Nothing more.
    Let’s give credit where credit is due. While Taurus is the leading provider of gun shaped paperweights , the PT-92 is an exception. Sure it has the build quality of a week old pizza box, but it will usually go bang when needed . It offers Americans a functional and brand new option when other pistols are beyond their budget.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Sure it has the build quality of a week old pizza box, but it will usually go bang when needed . It offers Americans a functional and brand new option when other pistols are beyond their budget.
    I don't believe that the PT92 is any better than anything else they make. But this isn't a Taurus thread so let us get back to discussing our beloved blasters colloquially nicknamed after our most beloved of foods lest we derail this thread any further.

I don't believe that the PT92 is any better than anything else they make. But this isn't a Taurus thread so let us get back to discussing our beloved blasters colloquially nicknamed after our most beloved of foods lest we derail this thread any further.
    As someone who has derailed many a thread in my time, all I can say is "All aboard!"

The PT-92 in question is from 1989 and seems to be one their better efforts regarding fit and finish. And the ONLY reason I have it is because it belonged to my Grandfather. I worked in a pawn shop in the mid-90s and that was one of the purchases he made. My hands wish Beretta had a frame mounted safety but such is life.

Site Supporter

Taurus are crime scene guns.

User Tag List