Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More CZ questions -- slide auto-forwarding

Site Supporter

More CZ questions -- slide auto-forwarding

Okay so I put a couple hundred rounds through a CZ 75B Omega today and discovered that it always auto-forwards when a fully loaded magazine is inserted after slide lock. I pretty much always shoot 147gr flat point ammo, and the gun always failed to load the first round into the chamber when it auto-forwarded. I bought a box of 115gr ammo at the counter, and while the gun still auto-forwarded it would load the first round into the chamber with that ammo.

So my questions: is it common for CZ 75 pistols to auto-forward when reloading from slide lock? Also, any idea why it is failing to load the first round into the chamber when using the 147gr ammo? I suppose the contour of the bullet might have something to do with it, but I'm not using anything out of the ordinary -- just American Eagle 147gr. The pistol chambers the first round just fine when racking the slide and releasing by hand.

Vaguely I recall the shape of some bullets touching the slide stop early enough to send the slide forward without loading a round.

Buts it’s been a couple years since I had a 75

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Vaguely I recall the shape of some bullets touching the slide stop early enough to send the slide forward without loading a round.

Buts it’s been a couple years since I had a 75
    Hmm... makes me wonder if people are tending to use more tapered bullets -- which the 115 and 124 grain bullets typically are -- as opposed to flat point 147gr bullets in their CZs. As I stated, the slide auto-forwards even with the lighter bullets but it also loads the top round into the chamber. I could live with that, but I always shoot 147gr ammo.

Last edited by cheby; 07-24-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Thanks for the link. I actually already read that thread after doing a search. The difference is that my gun doesn't load the first round from the magazine into the chamber when loaded with my regular practice ammo, so I can't really view it as a "feature".
    Last edited by Robinson; 07-24-2018 at 02:38 PM.

More CZ questions -- slide auto-forwarding

My CZs have no problems with every factory ammo I’ve tried. However, reloaded ammo must be no longer than about 1.100” depending on bullet profile. Loads my Glock will feed do not chamber in my CZs.

None of my guns auto forward. Thankfully.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-24-2018 at 02:42 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My CZs have no problems with every factory ammo I’ve tried. However, reloaded ammo must be no longer than about 1.100” depending on bullet profile. Loads my Glock will feed do not chamber in my CZs.

None of my guns auto forward. Thankfully.
    Do you own/shoot metal-frame CZ pistols as well? Your comments make me wonder if this behavior is more common to the CZ 75 / SP-01 pistol lines than the P-07/P-09.
    Last edited by Robinson; 07-24-2018 at 03:02 PM.

I have 2 Shadow 2s for USPSA Production.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I wonder if the Shadow 2s receive more attention during manufacture, or are simply a better design that the basic models. I guess I'm reaching a bit with that though.

Do those rounds pass the "plunk test" in the barrel? Or are they not making it that far?

I had to load my 147 blue bullets very short on my CZs. If I loaded the same as my Glock they would cause feed issues. I am using 135 truncated cone and I don't have to load them as short at the 147s

It also happens with 147gr federal HSTs in one of my P07s. It's my training P07 so I hardly ever shoot HSTs out of it. 124s load just fine

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mirolynmonbro; 07-24-2018 at 04:41 PM.

User Tag List