Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Low Light Malfunction Clearing

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    As someone relatively new to the AR platform, I might be interested in hearing that discussion.
    That's a whole 'nother discussion. While principles are the same, executions are certainly different. In addition, there's another stoppage to teach on that system (brass over bolt).
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    That's a whole 'nother discussion. While principles are the same, executions are certainly different. In addition, there's another stoppage to teach on that system (brass over bolt).
    There's a real favorite.

Wayne, if and when you have the time, I for one would enjoy reading your comments on malfunction clearing with the AR. Between the two threads it would make for good P-F reference material. (I've only had to use the mortar technique once so far.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    ...In addition, there's another stoppage to teach on that system (brass over bolt).
    That reminded me of something strange. I never saw that particular stoppage until we started using M16A2's in the USAF. Any idea why they would differ in that regard from the original M16?
    Last edited by Redhat; 07-24-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Site Supporter
    I hope this is not too much of a derail, but it shows dealing with AR malfunctions regardless of light, and I feel some of the same principles cross over to pistol malfunctions.

https://youtu.be/jCXwoK28Oj8
    Last edited by PD Sgt.; 07-24-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    Polite Professional

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    That reminded me of something strange. I never saw that particular stoppage until we started using M16A2's in the USAF. Any idea why they would differ in that regard from the original M16?
    That's way too much thread drift and can't be answered without seeing actual firearms, ammo and shooters.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I like the idea of letting the trigger tell you what to do.

Click no bang = immediate action.

Dead trigger = remedial action.
    Clever!

Not sure it effects the utility of this, but certain issues with the trigger spring on a Glock or its installation can cause intermittent dead triggers after a slidelock reload that are best handled by tap-rack. The alternative would work fine too here I think, just take unnecessarily long.

Separately, I'd guess this isn't universally applicable across all gun platforms. Still, pretty cool idea.

User Tag List