Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Unity Tactical Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I went with BFG 10Speeds for the rifle and pistol mags. They are TIGHT and re-inserting the mags are next to impossible. But that's OK, as I'm not treating this as a battle belt, and they provide for the slimmest profile, AND they lie flat when empty. If I download the Clutch or expend mags, the whole thing gets smaller. And if I end up on the ground, it hurts less with soft pouches.

If I were setting this up as a nightstand rig, I'd surely be running FastMags or some kydex
    I got mine in the mail the night before leaving for vacation, so I haven't messed with it much. My intent for is is to be a lower profile battle belt so i'd like to be able to reinsert a fresh mag or a coming off a reload with retention. I went ahead and grabbed some fastmags for the rifle but haven't settled on the pistol yet. I really like the 10-sped stuff but you're right they're really tough to insert one-handed especially if you aren't looking directly at it.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Spotted via Soldier Systems Daily…

Vertx is making lower cost ones, including this interesting sort of "fannypack" for working out?

https://vertx.com/runners-clutch-belt

Has anyone found a good pouch for a flashlight? I’d like to figure out how to run a spare mag and flashlight in it.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Has anyone found a good pouch for a flashlight? I’d like to figure out how to run a spare mag and flashlight in it.
    What about Blue Force Gear "Pistol Belt Pouch?"
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    What about Blue Force Gear "Pistol Belt Pouch?"
    Thank you. That’s what I was looking for my mind was going blank.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    Vertx is making lower cost ones, including this interesting sort of "fannypack" for working out?
    I have one on the way and plan on using it for trail running. I’ll report back once I try it out.

Site Supporter
    How is the sizing on these? I wear between a 36-38 waist pant/jean so I am thinking the medium will work, but I read on here that when the pouches are loaded the larger size is preferred. I don't need one, but I saw the Vertx one at Gall's for $68.00.
    --Jason--

How is the sizing on these? I wear between a 36-38 waist pant/jean so I am thinking the medium will work, but I read on here that when the pouches are loaded the larger size is preferred. I don't need one, but I saw the Vertx one at Gall's for $68.00.
    You’ll probably be good with a medium.

I guess it depends what you put in it. A full load (mags, TQ, med, full size pistol with WML, handheld light, knife, etc) makes the medium a touch small for my 35” waist.

User Tag List