Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Unity Tactical Clutch

What about pistol holsters? I'm trying to set it up for a 365xl and it appears raven doesn't make the perun for it yet. Looking for a fairly inexpensive option.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    What about pistol holsters? I'm trying to set it up for a 365xl and it appears raven doesn't make the perun for it yet. Looking for a fairly inexpensive option.
    I was on the same hunt concerning my px4cc. I went with concielment Express, I was looking for somthing fairly inexpensive but also quality molded kydex for the hard shell that is so important in the clutch belt. I took the hardware off the holster and attached velcro.
    No complaints about the holster at all.
    Turnaround time was fast.

I’ll assert that holsters conceal well in the clutch where they conceal well on you.

If you don’t care about concealment, then any ol’ kydex shape will accept some adhesive loop pad and be g2g.

I also really like that you could throw on the clutch over your existing concealment EDC. It’s part of the reason I have the eidolon shell at 3. Since I carry at appendix, then there’s nothing there to conflict if I throw it on over. I can rip out the holster I decide to not need… but I like the ability to ammo-up without changing anything whether I’m wearing normal stuff or not.

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    I’ll assert that holsters conceal well in the clutch where they conceal well on you.

If you don’t care about concealment, then any ol’ kydex shape will accept some adhesive loop pad and be g2g.

I also really like that you could throw on the clutch over your existing concealment EDC. It’s part of the reason I have the eidolon shell at 3. Since I carry at appendix, then there’s nothing there to conflict if I throw it on over. I can rip out the holster I decide to not need… but I like the ability to ammo-up without changing anything whether I’m wearing normal stuff or not.
    This is kind of what I was wondering about. I just used a shell kydex holster at the appendix position and it printed noticeably. I'm wondering if I need to pony up for an aiwb holster for it.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    This is kind of what I was wondering about. I just used a shell kydex holster at the appendix position and it printed noticeably. I'm wondering if I need to pony up for an aiwb holster for it.
    You could always make your own foam wedge to see if it might be worthwhile to order a new holster.

I know there are some diy wedge and “pillow” posts on the site.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by hfrog355 View Post
    Bumping this from way into the future to assess how people have liked their Clutch.

I'm looking into belly band type holsters for the first time. This seems like it may be a bit overkill for my concealed EDC uses, but it has a good though limited review history. I'm looking for a way to carry concealed with a golf shirt or button up tucked in with no jacket or outer garment.
    I'm still liking mine for it's intended purpose. I'll probably get another when they're back in stock.

I don't think it's the best option for carrying under a tucked-in shirt. (And I don't know what is, especially with any kind of flattering cut of shirt.)

I think it's greatest strength is in it's ability to layer over a concealed/EDC setup and it may even be more practical than a lot of the "war belts" guys are setting up. It's greatest weakness is price (totally worth it, but more than a belt) and availability.

Like much of Unity's lineup, it's sort of a niche product, but it's the best in it's own (small) category.

Quote Originally Posted by krax View Post

I think it's greatest strength is in it's ability to layer over a concealed/EDC setup and it may even be more practical than a lot of the "war belts" guys are setting up.
    I’m in the middle of a gear re-do, and the clutch took priority over the war-belt.

It’s not a true concealment system, as carrying a real load out under a shirt will look weird. But under a windbreaker and a button-up you could easily move through a riot or a busy event and not get noticed. That’s what I set mine up for.

Clutch IFAK?

What’s everyone using for an ifak in their clutch? I need to add a TQ to this and get some range time with it.

Name:  9F927D6C-AE28-4E6D-B54B-5E6630198093.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  98.5 KB

Name:  522A88B1-4477-44D1-93B9-62CC8E46C0E5.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  99.1 KB

Name:  20200929_182053.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  82.1 KB

My current set up with the clutch. I use fast mags for the rifle magazines and g-code for the pistol. Usually keep a small notebook and pen in the utility pocket as well. My med equipment is kept around my ankle in a ryker gear ankle kit so I haven't allocated any space for tourniquets...that may change soon tho. I also used to keep a dump pouch but removed it a while ago. I think i may buy one of the Blueforce gear dumps and add that. Im a big fan of the clutch belt. The only thing that gets me sometimes is the extra height of the pistol on my body sometimes goofing up my draw but that is a me issue not a gear issue.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

I still really like mine. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a second one if/when I need one. It has held up well and stays put.

User Tag List