Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity Tactical Clutch

https://www.safariland.com/products/...ent-30576.html
    This might work for the clutch. I just picked one of these up for my training/ 2 gun rig. Works well and pretty cheap if it doesn’t work plus it works with the QLS.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by hfrog355 View Post
    Bumping this from way into the future to assess how people have liked their Clutch.

I'm looking into belly band type holsters for the first time. This seems like it may be a bit overkill for my concealed EDC uses, but it has a good though limited review history. I'm looking for a way to carry concealed with a golf shirt or button up tucked in with no jacket or outer garment.
    I still love mine for both applications I use them for.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I still love mine for both applications I use them for.
    I saw your pictures of the loadouts on page one. Do you have any success carrying the lightweight load wearing slacks or professional clothes? My main concern is non-permissive environments with exposed waistlines. I don't mind having my shirt be a little baggy, but I do have to keep it tucked in.

Site Supporter
    My Clutch (Size SM) has worked well for me for plainclothes work. It can hold a lot of gear (G26, 22-round spare, handcuffs, tourniquet, cred wallet, and flashlight). And, there’s still room after that if needed.

With traditional jeans or other pants with similar pockets, it comes close to blocking the front pockets, but everything is still accessible with some digging.

With cargo pants or other pants with “slash” pockets that angle down steeply, access to the pockets is entirely unhindered.

I find that not having an non-slip patch on the back of the cell that has an elastic cord (which I never tighten) seems to contribute to the Clutch riding up sometimes. I reached out to Unity Tactical, and they sent me a spare patch to attach myself, which was cool of them.

A note on holsters: I’ve read/heard that pancake style holsters are the one type that doesn’t work with the Clutch. I’ve found the opposite to be true. The Raven Phantom (non-light carrying) that I’m using fits perfectly in the pocket, filling it up and reducing the risk of sagging/tilting which can be an issue with narrower holsters that don’t fill the pocket and don’t have a square shape. I still use hook-and-loop to hold it in there, of course.

For the spare mag, I use a Glock-brand mag pouch, and stuck it in a pocket with hook-and-loop. It works very well.

I assume everyone wears the holster at 3:00? The grip of my G19 is printing like crazy with mine.

For those that are running these what are you using for inserts for non gun items like a flashlight and magazine? $40 for the inserts seemed a bit much.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I confess to have only used mine on some limited range shooting… I haven't done a class that needed it since purchasing.

It always has a flashlight, a couple pistol reloads in their low profile pouches, a rifle mag in a ITW fastmag, a small dark angel medical kit held in by one of their attachment kits, a TQ squeezed in the "expansion area" with the shock cord in the back. I have an old raven eidolon at 3 o clock, though I also have a perun for that purpose too. I like the idea of being able to throw all that on regardless of my pant status, and still have room for the phone dialing 911 and such.

I dumped all my warbelt gear (save some BFG belt pouches) and just have this rolled up near the carbine. So far I really like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How is the sizing accuracy on these?

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    I confess to have only used mine on some limited range shooting… I haven't done a class that needed it since purchasing.

It always has a flashlight, a couple pistol reloads in their low profile pouches, a rifle mag in a ITW fastmag, a small dark angel medical kit held in by one of their attachment kits, a TQ squeezed in the "expansion area" with the shock cord in the back. I have an old raven eidolon at 3 o clock, though I also have a perun for that purpose too. I like the idea of being able to throw all that on regardless of my pant status, and still have room for the phone dialing 911 and such.

I dumped all my warbelt gear (save some BFG belt pouches) and just have this rolled up near the carbine. So far I really like it.

I emailed their rep… he was very helpful.

It depends on how much gear you intend to pack into it. If you just want to use it like belly band, then I’d need a small. I got a medium for the rifle mags.

I used my clutch belt in a primary to secondary transition class two or three weeks ago and it performed flawlessly. No riding up on my waist or anything. I have a two day Jared reston class next week where I plan on using the clutch, I'll update after the class to let yall know how it performs.

Edit: as a point of reference I run 3 fast mags for my rifle mags and two g-code pouches for my pistol mags. Then typically a pen and notepad in the administrative pocket at 12:00.

User Tag List