Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity Tactical Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Mine is just about ready for nightstand duty. I still need to figure out which hand held light I’ll use and which IFAK/TQ. The ALS holster with work with any G17/19/34 and X300U.

The knife is Entrek, the pistol mag pouch is G-code, and the AR mag pouch Safariland.

Holy crap Batman. I’m starting a gofundme page to help you move out of whatever neighborhood you live in.

Looks more like a duty rig than nightstand. Have you worn it yet to assess comfort? Looks like that would a decent active shooter rig.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Holy crap Batman. I’m starting a gofundme page to help you move out of whatever neighborhood you live in.

Looks more like a duty rig than nightstand. Have you worn it yet to assess comfort? Looks like that would a decent active shooter rig.
    Lol! Not that bad but if you send me money I promise to use it for practice ammo.

The Clutch is for when there is little notice/time to react. It works no matter what I’m wearing.

I’ve been contemplating one or something similar for a few tasks. 1 would be for edc carry when wearing clothes without a belt (sweats, shirts...) 2 would be for a go bag, trunk or match setting using a PCC.

I have one set up for a nightstand belt also, but have found it works great for training classes too. You can wear it concealed or open carry, and it feels a bit safer when carrying appendix since you're actually outside of your pants. I've even squeezed a wedge into the cell attached to my holster which really tucks the grip and points the muzzle away from the body for appendix.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone know if the Clutch works well when worn with concealed soft body armor?

For those who wear the Clutch at traditional belt level, does it impede the use of the front pockets of your pants/shorts? If so, do you find that there is enough room in the Clutch to hold the items you’d otherwise place in those pockets?

Thanks. I’m envisioning this for use on duty in a plainclothes, low profile, armored capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Does anyone know if the Clutch works well when worn with concealed soft body armor?

For those who wear the Clutch at traditional belt level, does it impede the use of the front pockets of your pants/shorts? If so, do you find that there is enough room in the Clutch to hold the items you’d otherwise place in those pockets?

Thanks. I’m envisioning this for use on duty in a plainclothes, low profile, armored capacity.
    I haven't worn mine with a soft armor vest or over a vest, but used it extensively at belt level in conjuction with low-vis plate carriers. The Clutch can impede access to your pants pockets depending on what's in the cells. If you have critical items in your pockets that aren't duplicated with the Clutch, you'll need to have a plan to transfer them. That's why I have that key hook on mine.

I won't pretend to know exactly how a Clutch would work for pain-clothes LE, but it's probably the only good way to layer a "war belt" over a lightly loaded belt or concealed rig. I have to wonder if a loaded-out plate carrier wouldn't work better for your needs though.

Site Supporter
    Thanks, krax. The loaded-out carrier has its place, but not in a day-to-day low-vis plainclothes outfit. I take it the plates you wore didn’t get in the way of the Clutch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do not, but generally plates wouldn't interfere with the Clutch anyway since it's just a stretchy belt.

An attempt at getting Clutch-specific holster & pistol mag pouches didn't come to fruition. I did pick-up, at better than 1/2 off, Blade-Tech double pistol and single AR mag pouches that'll go into mine. Still need to find a holster. The Safariland 7TS idea makes sense.

Bumping this from way into the future to assess how people have liked their Clutch.

I'm looking into belly band type holsters for the first time. This seems like it may be a bit overkill for my concealed EDC uses, but it has a good though limited review history. I'm looking for a way to carry concealed with a golf shirt or button up tucked in with no jacket or outer garment.

User Tag List