Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity Tactical Clutch

Site Supporter

Unity Tactical Clutch

Is anyone using the Unity Tactical Clutch system? If so, what are you using it for and how is it working? It seems pretty decent, but is spendy for a better belly band that requires Kydex inserts. Thanks and be safe.
    Last edited by jnc36rcpd; 07-21-2018 at 12:05 AM.

I’ve been using mine for a few months now, been using it for when I go running. My loadout for it is a Glock 19 in a Zorn Skinny Rig, K-Bar TDI, and a spare mag in a bravo concealment mag holder, the belt comes with enough Velcro for a holster and a few pouches, there are also inserts available for what I think is overpriced. Great peace of kit in my opinion, well made, haven’t been able to use it as a traditional battle belt yet however.

I use one professionally, either to augment a minimal loadout or to move rapidly between fully kitted and slick while wearing a suit or similar.

It's a niche item, and the only one of it's kind so there's no competition driving the price down. Fortunately, it's made extremely well and once you examine the amount of design work and intricate sewing, the $140 price tag makes sense.

I haven't tried it yet, but it's probably a great way to carry under a track suit.

For running is it worn under the shorts, over the shorts, low, high, appendix or 3:00? I tried the ICE/Crossbreed Holsters belly band and even with a G43 there was a lot of printing going on but I was trying to keep with appendix. Maybe I should use it for 3:00. Would like to run with my PPS Classic.

I have two. One loaded to the gills I used professionally in a discrete work environment. I have another set up very light for use over basketball shorts or work out clothes. They are expensive but excellent.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Have you guys with the clutch seen the TRUSS? Any ideas how they compare?

https://specgear.com/product/truss-holster/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post

Right out of the gate, it looks way too high. I wear my Unity full load rig over the pants belt. It has a JM custom holster at 3:00 and it is smoking fast to work from. My lightweight rig is a size smaller and worn without a belt and it is also super fast and easy to access.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Like Dagga, I can picture a couple different uses for this. First, I assume you guys feel this would be a better choice than a bellyband for workouts. Secondly, does it work well with soft body armor?
    Thanks.

The Clutch with a Kydex insert will outperform the TRUSS in every metric except for cost. The TRUSS is a starter rig at best, that occasionally gets fixated on out of the absence of other related options.

The best and most dedicated users of the TRUSS both have few alternatives and use it very much in a manner other than the intended.

You can mod a TRUSS to have a less egregious cant and you can mod it to accept a kydex insert; but you can’t mod it past the effective lifespan of knit elastic. With 6-12 months of effective lifespan predicated on the heat and humidity involved, in 2 years the cost difference equals out with the Clutch, possibly to include the kydex insert(s).

Buying a Clutch and components up front will save quite a bit in the long run... and present less of a hygiene concern just from the material selection.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post

The TRUSS sort of looks like garbage, but so do most belly bands for whatever reason. I think there's middle ground between cheap belly bands and the Clutch, but I think maybe not enough people "get" how to use a belly band well. If I needed/wanted to wear the Clutch that high with suspenders, it wouldn't be all that hard to velcro suspenders in

DB, do you carry med stuff on your work Clutch, and if so, how? I use a couple small zipper cases, but I'd love to find a better solution.

User Tag List