Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Unity Tactical Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    I use fast mags for the rifle magazines and g-code for the pistol.
    Looking to set on of these up and I'd be curious what others might be using as a pistol/rifle inserts. Fast mags look like a prime contender for rifle.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Maybe I need to do more research into how people set these up and maybe find a more dedicated holster but I hate this thing. I can't conceal any of my pistols in it because of how much the grip sticks out. My only spare holster that will work with it is a Perun and its a junk setup, though somehow others seem to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Looking to set on of these up and I'd be curious what others might be using as a pistol/rifle inserts. Fast mags look like a prime contender for rifle.
    Fast mags work well for this because
    1. Good retention
    2. The fastmag has a solid spot to put the velcro on.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

I've been wearing one of these for the past several months with a sig p365 and 12 rd magazine. Oddly I struggled with printing carrying appendix but it conceals really well strong side. That has taken some getting used to as I've strictly been an appendix guy. This is the most comfortable method of carrying a pistol I've found to date. I'd highly recommend it for anyone that struggles with chronic back pain and has issues carrying on the belt line for long periods of time. I'm just using a raven holster for it. I'm also using a foam wedge at the bottom to help the grip tucked in. I usually just carry a pistol and a surefire light in it. I just need to find a double mag pouch or something similar so I can carry a mag and a light.

This thing is expensive but imo it's 100% worth it. It's very high quality.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I went with Bladetech pistol pouch, it’s flat on the back and is cheap but well made. And Safariland AR mag pouch for the same reasons. $17 per pouch vs $30+

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Maybe I need to do more research into how people set these up and maybe find a more dedicated holster but I hate this thing. I can't conceal any of my pistols in it because of how much the grip sticks out. My only spare holster that will work with it is a Perun and its a junk setup, though somehow others seem to make it work.
    Well full disclosure I don’t use mine for concealment. It’s in a nightstand for bumps in the night.

Quote Originally Posted by senorlechero View Post
    What’s everyone using for an ifak in their clutch? I need to add a TQ to this and get some range time with it.
    I divided my IFAK into two small zip pouches (pencil case/tool pouch/Daka) that fit into the cells. One is "M" (minus a TQ) and the other is "ARCH". I use a Titan Tactical elastic hanger for a TQ, and can add a second one in an empty cell using Unity's elastic insert.

What size is it?

I went with BFG 10Speeds for the rifle and pistol mags. They are TIGHT and re-inserting the mags are next to impossible. But that's OK, as I'm not treating this as a battle belt, and they provide for the slimmest profile, AND they lie flat when empty. If I download the Clutch or expend mags, the whole thing gets smaller. And if I end up on the ground, it hurts less with soft pouches.

If I were setting this up as a nightstand rig, I'd surely be running FastMags or some kydex

What carry position are you using it? I have messed around quite a bit to make it concealable. I couldn’t get it to conceal enough appendix. Using a wedge at the 3 o clock position I can wear it under a single layer shirt. I’m a thin build.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List