Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Lebowski

The Big Lebowski

Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

The Dude abides survives!
    Last edited by blues; 07-20-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I didn't think much of this movie the first time I saw it. Each time I've watched it since I like it better.

Anybody else react the same way?
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Man, thanks for the heads up. I see that there are tickets to wed at 7pm at a theater near me. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I didn't think much of this movie the first time I saw it. Each time I've watched it since I like it better.

Anybody else react the same way?
    I liked The Big Lebowski right away, but you have described my reaction to Trainspotting. The first time I saw it, it kind of shocked me into submission. The second time, I began to see the humor in it, and the third time, I thought it was hilarious (well, except for the baby on the ceiling part; that's creepy every time).

You don't fuck with the Jesus.

DUDE!!!!!
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 07-22-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Did I mention that the misses and I have our tickets, thanks to Lon’s OP?

The Big Lebowski

The first time I saw TBL, I didn’t get it. When I made the connection that it was based on Raymond Chandler’s, “The Big Sleep,” it made more sense.

When I made the mental jump, thanks to my liberal arts degree (REGARDS TO GONZAGA UNIVERSITY...GO BULLDOGS!) I gained the skill to appreciate film as an art form, and not attempt to squeeze, “answers,” (at least in a concrete way) from film, I began to appreciate the film even more. Much can also be said about Kubrick films.

I’ve always said that my ultimate scene would be to own/operate a high-end, small scale bowling alley AND theatre complex, where I could show the films I enjoy, that others might like too, and bowl when I want to. I appreciate the Zen quality of bowling, and much like shooting, there is a path to perfection (the 300 game...then the series of 300 games) that is attainable, but requires basic concepts executed repeatedly with skill.

Sorry to get kinda out there, but I think @Sidheshooter catches my drift here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 07-22-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post

I’ve always said that my ultimate scene would be to own/operate a high-end, small scale bowling alley AND theatre complex, where I could show the films I enjoy, that others might like too, and bowl when I want to. I appreciate the Zen quality of bowling, and much like shooting, there is a path to perfection (the 300 game...then the series of 300 games) that is attainable, but requires basic concepts executed repeatedly with skill.

Sorry to get kinda out there, but I think @Sidheshooter catches my drift here.
    Indeed.

Mildly tangential, but your comments make me think of this place:

https://www.montrosebowl.com

Your type of venue, should you ever find yourself up in the foothills of LA.

User Tag List