Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkish Hi-power Pistols--C&S Says They're Good

No rounds fired yet. Why not? What's wrong with me?

Anyway, here is a bit of info. The new gun appears well made and is free of nasty machine marks, sharp edges, etc. On the other side of that, it is nicely polished and has fairly crisp lines. Maybe a hint of aggressive grinding and buffing underneath the trigger guard but nothing too terrible.

The trigger is actually fairly crisp even with the mag disconnect still in place. It measures a consistent six pounds on my fish scale.

A couple things of note. The grip tang radius is wrong. It isn't as deep or curved as the real thing. The frame radius above the trigger is also wrong. Both are pretty much cosmetic and the gun feels like a BHP.

Missing from the Turkish barrel is the small alignment nub on the barrel hood and the corresponding notch in the slide. This keeps a Belgian barrel from fitting although the Turkish barrel fits into the FN with no apparent problems.

Slides assemblies interchange without issue.

More soon....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sort of an update.

I put about 150 rounds of mixed ammo, to include one mag of 124 HST, 3 mags of 124 Gold Dot and one mag of 124 Gold Dot +P through the gun. Mags used was a Mec-Gar 13, Mec-Gar 15 and an old factory FN mag with no markings.

The hammer is going to have to go if the gun is going to be kept. Or kept and shot. I knew it was coming and was mindful of the problem but still got nipped. I didn't get cut but I did get a small blood blister.

The gun shoots fine but isn't fun with +P ammo. A new hammer would help. At least then I'd be more apt to get a higher more aggressive grip.

I had one failure to extract about halfway through the mag of HST. No other problems before or after.

Last edited by Tokarev; 08-18-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Just ordered one in stainless this AM. On backorder and don't know when I'll get it if ever with recent problems with the country of Turkey. The Browning was my first carry pistol when you could still pick your own and I have never own one in hard chromed. When it comes in I'll buy some pare parts. I have several holsters and magazines already.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Just ordered one in stainless this AM. On backorder and don't know when I'll get it if ever with recent problems with the country of Turkey. The Browning was my first carry pistol when you could still pick your own and I have never own one in hard chromed. When it comes in I'll buy some pare parts. I have several holsters and magazines already.
    There are several examples on gunbroker currently including a used one that looks close to new. Might be worth a look if you get impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    No rail for a light. No cut for an RMR.
    At the risk of drawing ire, how cool would a Rowland Special Hi-Power be?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    At the risk of drawing ire, how cool would a Rowland Special Hi-Power be?
    I could see a certain appeal. At least for a railed frame option.

Ideally the frame would be aluminum to help offset the added weight of a light. It would also include some sort of extended beavertail tang.

I don't think a pistol like that would be terribly hard to produce. But would such an item sell? Maybe if the BR9 takes off we'll see additional model options...

I have the ones for the 1911... and they are solid. Guy that designed them was on the Tavor design team.

Personally, I want light options on my handguns... but for something like a 1911 (only wanted one because of the history... not getting multiples or spending $2,000+ for one), I really don’t want to have a rail permanently installed on the dust cover. Those grips allow me to keep it fitting in non-rail holsters, but if desired, run a light (granted in their holster).

I’m likely going to pick up the stainless Tisas eventually (likely when I leave NJ... not giving them another dollar for pistol permits, so only ones I might pick up before the move will be on my FFL-03 out of state). The Recover Tactical grips could be an option, but I’d want to see if they offer a holster for the new models, like the 1911 (or if the Hi Power version fits in the 1911 holster). I am unsure about going with the SFS trigger, as that has been in YouTube media for the past few weeks... but it does interest me, as well.

Older set (prior to the holster release), but I love the grip on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I have the ones for the 1911... and they are solid. Guy that designed them was on the Tavor design team.

Personally, I want light options on my handguns... but for something like a 1911 (only wanted one because of the history... not getting multiples or spending $2,000+ for one), I really don’t want to have a rail permanently installed on the dust cover. Those grips allow me to keep it fitting in non-rail holsters, but if desired, run a light (granted in their holster).

I’m likely going to pick up the stainless Tisas eventually (likely when I leave NJ... not giving them another dollar for pistol permits, so only ones I might pick up before the move will be on my FFL-03 out of state). The Recover Tactical grips could be an option, but I’d want to see if they offer a holster for the new models, like the 1911 (or if the Hi Power version fits in the 1911 holster). I am unsure about going with the SFS trigger, as that has been in YouTube media for the past few weeks... but it does interest me, as well.

Older set (prior to the holster release), but I love the grip on this one...

I'm sure it is solid as heck. What are you doing for a holster?

User Tag List