Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkish Hi-power Pistols--C&S Says They're Good

The big problem with the HP for me is that goofy slide stop. I find it interferes with my grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I broke a firing pin retaining plate on a genuine mid-1980s BHP so that's not a deal breaker. And I've cracked a few on a 1911 although I have never had one break in two was with my Browning.
    I’ve broken a few of these on my 1911ish competition guns. The cool thing is, it never effected reliability, and I never realized it was broken until I detail stripped the slide.

Longer than some. There are gunsmith mods to shorten reset but that's probably not necessary unless you're Leatham or Miculek.
    Being Miculek is a revolver guy, I’m sure he doesn’t mind reset. .

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post

Being Miculek is a revolver guy, I’m sure he doesn’t mind reset. .
    Jerry shot on my squad one year at the Nationals. He ran a S&W 1911. He's NOT just a "revolver" guy....

Jerry shot on my squad one year at the Nationals. He ran a S&W 1911. He's NOT just a "revolver" guy....
    Never said he was, that was just what he is most famous for. He’s a heck of a three gun shooter as well. Had the pleasure of being squadded with him as well.

I owned a very nice TISAS .45 back in the 90's. That thing was a tack driver!

I have never had the pleasure of shooting a one but these Tisas look tempting. The hi-power was always one of the guns I really wanted.

I was at the LGS today picking up some stuff and two Tisas Hi-Powers had come in while I was there so I got to look at them up close, one stainless and one blued. I'm no expert and I only handled them for a quick few seconds but they felt like a Hi-power. Slide to frame fit felt nice and they came with Mec-Gar 15 round mags. My only gripe was the thumb safety. It was similar to what might have come on one back in the day, not something you could ride with your thumb. I didn't ask a price, they probably wouldn't have know anyway because they hadn't even gotten them logged into inventory. But for the prices I'm seeing, they look like good guns and I'm really thinking about one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Frankly, I've always pretty much considered "drop in" components (especially major components-like barrels, slides, et al) to be gunsmithing propositions.
    Not so in the SIG P210 and its successors: sig p49 testing - larvatus prodeo.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

I was finally able to pick one of these off Gunbroker for maybe a decent price. As soon as I can I'll update with some photos, etc.

No rail for a light. No cut for an RMR.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

User Tag List