Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkish Hi-power Pistols--C&S Says They're Good

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    It’s long and silent, which bothers people who ride the reset. It is also an awful trigger if the magazine safety is left in place.
    The points of contact on the magazine and magazine safety can be polished. This helps clean the trigger up for those who might want to leave the safety in place.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Some gunsmith/pricing info.

http://www.theactionworks.com/browning-hi-power/

The stainless option is interesting.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    The stainless option is interesting.
    Has anyone made a stainless HP previously? Not counting the Elite Warrior linked above. I seem to remember Charles Daly offering a stainless option? Maybe I'm hallucinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Has anyone made a stainless HP previously? Not counting the Elite Warrior linked above. I seem to remember Charles Daly offering a stainless option? Maybe I'm hallucinating.

Browning did some hard chrome frames, but the Elite Warrior and the Tisas are the only ones that come to mind.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 07-21-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Was the practical a cast stainless frame?

I believe cast frames started during MKIII production. Seem to remember it had something to do with the introduction of .40 S&W to the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    I believe cast frames started during MKIII production. Seem to remember it had something to do with the introduction of .40 S&W to the platform.
    That's how I understand it. The forged frame would not hold up to the 40. So the cast frame was used for MKIIIs. The 40 also got a heavier slide and another locking lug on the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    That's how I understand it. The forged frame would not hold up to the 40. So the cast frame was used for MKIIIs. The 40 also got a heavier slide and another locking lug on the barrel.
    Did the MKIII cast frame come out as a response to the 40 or was it an attempt to beef up the 9 that happened to also work well with the 40?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Did the MKIII cast frame come out as a response to the 40 or was it an attempt to beef up the 9 that happened to also work well with the 40?
    The cast frame was in direct response to durability issues in the .40 HP, which carried over into 9mm production. I owned one of the first .40 HPs and it didn't stay long. I've never been enamored with the round and the extra snappy recoil was juice unworthy of the squeeze in that svelte pistol.

I love the High Power, unfortunately it doesn't love my big hands. I've owned several over the years and always wind up moving it along because of that. I don't think there's ever been a gun I wanted to work for me more than the P35. I think its time has passed as a top tier fighting handgun, much like the 1911. On the other hand, there are few handguns as proven as the High power. The trigger linkage is an absolute abortion to work on, but it can be done.

As far as I know, the Tisas is the only stainless HP option, now or ever. FN hard chromed their guns, they were never stainless.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 07-23-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List