Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkish Hi-power Pistols--C&S Says They're Good

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Just saying, components spec’d to be semi drop in in the original manufacturers guns seem to. In the Turkish clones, not so much. My buddy does love the gun, but said it is definitely not true to FN/Browning Spec (I get all the parts he doesn’t feel like fitting, so I’m ok with that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brownell's says their drop-in threaded barrel fit in their Tisas fine.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I broke a firing pin retaining plate on a genuine mid-1980s BHP so that's not a deal breaker. And I've cracked a few on a 1911 although I have never had one break in two was with my Browning.

C&S told me (IIRC) the Tisas extractor they checked was 38 RC and is within spec.

Admittedly, the test BHSS ran was a sample of one. Just think it's prudent to get a bigger sample size out there before jumping in. And I'm not questioning C&S, they have a great reputation. FN had what, 75 years of experience with producing the design? Tisas has an unknown amount of time producing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Brownell's says their drop-in threaded barrel fit in their Tisas fine.

My parents told me a story of a Jolly old fat man who left presents once a year... I can assure you, my buddy didn’t mail me this barrel because it fit in his Tisas. He mailed it to me because it was going to be a pain in the ass to fit to his Tisas (fits my MK3 like a glove)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    My parents told me a story of a Jolly old fat man who left presents once a year... I can assure you, my buddy didn’t mail me this barrel because it fit in his Tisas. He mailed it to me because it was going to be a pain in the ass to fit to his Tisas (fits my MK3 like a glove)

I'm not saying your a liar. Just pointing out that Paul Levy says the Brownell's drop-in barrel fit in their sample.

Here's the only other option I know of for a new HiPower currently.

This is from Elite Warrior Armament in Rio Rancho, NM. As I understand it, these are all more or less custom builds done one at a time as ordered. Probably not likely to be $500 a copy although quite nice regardless.

These aren't 100% correct either. Note the unique and different (more 1911 in appearance) radius behind the trigger pin. A small detail that wouldn't keep me from buying one if money became available.

Here's Jeff Quinn's write-up:

http://www.gunblast.com/EWA-P35.htm

Last edited by Tokarev; 07-21-2018 at 08:22 AM.

Site Supporter
    The stainless hipower clone is on my short list.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    The stainless hipower clone is on my short list.
    C&S sells a "tweaked" stainless Tisas for a Grand. Probably the only things I'd change/add would be some Novak or Heinie sights and maybe some VZ grips.

My first pistol was a browning Hi-Power so they have always held a soft spot for me. What is the trigger reset like on Hi-Powers? I’ve heard it’s quite long. I didn’t know much about shooting when I had mine, so I really can’t remember much about the trigger.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    My first pistol was a browning Hi-Power so they have always held a soft spot for me. What is the trigger reset like on Hi-Powers? I’ve heard it’s quite long. I didn’t know much about shooting when I had mine, so I really can’t remember much about the trigger.
    Longer than some. There are gunsmith mods to shorten reset but that's probably not necessary unless you're Leatham or Miculek.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    It’s long and silent, which bothers people who ride the reset. It is also an awful trigger if the magazine safety is left in place.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List