Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkish Hi-power Pistols--C&S Says They're Good

I just got off the phone with Gursel (spelling?) at LKCI. He says they are aware of the extractor issue and have made a change in the production line to correct the problem. Anyone with a problematic pistol can contact them for a warranty replacement. My new extractor should be in the mail tomorrow or Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Giving my BR9 a little workout.

I picked up a black one off gunbroker a couple of months ago.. I've only ran about 120 rounds through mine but everything functioned great. I was extremely impressed with the smoothness of the finish. I only found a couple of tooling marks but they were so minor I forgot about them. Mine shipped with a 13rd and a 15rd magazine. Some places are advertising 2-13rd mags but I don't know if that was what they were shipping with when they first came out or if it depends on where it was purchased from. The only negative I can really see on this Tisas is the lack of sight options but the factory sights are actually really good all in all.

I toyed with the idea of sending it to a 'smith (Garthwaite) for some serious work but in the end it wouldn't be worth it on a cheap clone IMO. Instead I picked up a garthwaite competition trigger and some navidrex grips from Brownells to install. I'll remove the mag safety, slap some skateboard tape on the front and back straps, put a mkIII safety on it (left side only), and finally a 18.5# recoil spring with a 26# hammer spring and call it good. If I get adventurous I might try my hand at beveling the mag well a bit too.

For me, these changes will make it a pretty decent gun to put in the carry rotation I think. YMMV
    Last edited by Prepper_Pig; 09-10-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepper_Pig View Post
    I was extremely impressed with the smoothness of the finish. I only found a couple of tooling marks but they were so minor I forgot about them. Mine shipped with a 13rd and a 15rd magazine. Some places are advertising 2-13rd mags but I don't know if that was what they were shipping with when they first came out or if it depends on where it was purchased from. The only negative I can really see on this Tisas is the lack of sight options but the factory sights are actually really good all in all.
    Yes. The guns seem to be surprisingly well finished. My stainless pistol is really cleanly finished inside. Mine also shipped with a 15rd and a 13rd mag.

I toyed with the idea of sending it to a 'smith (Garthwaite) for some serious work but in the end it wouldn't be worth it on a cheap clone IMO.
    Will he work on one of these? I know some of the bigger named 'smiths can be particular about what they'll accept into the shop. Once I get to 1,000 rounds fired, I will completely strip the pistol and take a good look at everything. If I see no signs of peening or poor heat treat I might see if The Action Works will do some work on the gun.

For me, these changes will make it a pretty decent gun to put in the carry rotation I think.
    I've been carrying mine pretty regularly. It has been 100% reliable with the extractor swap. Feeds ball and JHP without issue.

Just gave Mr. Garthwaite a call. He says he's not terribly impressed with these guns and would not recommend using one for a build. I didn't want to waste too much of his time so I didn't ask for specifics.

Novak's also says these are a NO GO from what I've seen posted on another forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    ... mine would be at my Dealer's this Friday.
    @Gary1911A1

Did you pick up your pistol yet? How does it look? Have you had a chance to shoot it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    @Gary1911A1

Did you pick up your pistol yet? How does it look? Have you had a chance to shoot it?

I did pick it up. I didn't get a chance to shoot it when I planned, but I'm going to the range Monday and plan to shoot it then. I field stripped it and it looked nice inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I did pick it up. I didn't get a chance to shoot it when I planned, but I'm going to the range Monday and plan to shoot it then. I field stripped it and it looked nice inside.
    Any odd or nasty tool markings? How well do the grips fit?

Last edited by Tokarev; 09-24-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Any odd or nasty tool markings? How well do the grips fit?

The outer finish was excellent. I did see some minor tool make inside, but nothing any worse than US Manufacturers. Name:  IMG_0768.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  65.0 KBName:  IMG_0769.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  55.0 KB
    I only shot 50 rounds of 124gr. Hardball through it Monday, but there were no malfunctions and it shot POA when I did my part. Being right handed I pulled some shots low and left at 15 yards. Need to work on that.

User Tag List