Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Turkish Hi-power Pistols--C&S Says They're Good

Here's what I just received via email from Mr. Laughridge:

I have closely examined the crack in the frame. It is my opinion that there was a flaw in the casting causing the frame to crack at the flaw. There is a crack running forward inside of the dust cover cut and a discoloration that runs even farther forward. This flaw is something that can be encountered in investment casting. The only way to find an internal flaw is to xray the casting before you machine it. That would add costs to the item that might be too much to add into the price. This is the first flaw in any cast frame that I have encountered. We used to see some inclusions in the Caspian fames that were like little pits. I have never had a Caspian frame crack in the many years I have used them.

I sounds like TISAS is going to replace your Hi Power and that is good customer service. I would personally chalk this up to a random occurrence. Give them the benefit of the doubt and don’t give them a black eye with the publicity. I will let you know if I have proof of another cracked frame. If you report this in the media it will get blown out of proportion and magnified as the story spreads. Publicity on the social media can kill a company with the lies it will generate from those who just want to spread trash about anyone.
    I'm glad it appears to be a fluke and not something inherent with TISAS's product. At least it doesn't appear to be the case.

One thing he's certainly right about is the desire of some to trash any product regardless of circumstances. That's why I've kept the photos of the crack to this board only.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 04-04-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Publicity on the social media can kill a company with the lies it will generate from those who just want to spread trash about anyone.
    Agree. Two places I can think offhand immediately where this pistol will be trashed mercilessly by the ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    No rail for a light. No cut for an RMR.

Just to bump my own thread here with some HP related info:

There is a fellow on another board who says works for FÉG in Hungary. Apparently they are working on a modern variant with a railed frame, suppressor sights and a slide that's cut for an RMR. No word yet on price, availability, etc. In my mind's eye I'm picturing something not unlike the Springfield Operator only not as blocky.

Elite Warrior is currently doing the RMR cut for anyone wishing to get an existing slide cut. He has pictures and pricing info on his Facebook page.

The frame is back from Cylinder and Slide. Now I'm waiting for LKCI to receive the next batch of pistols from Turkey.

Here is another photo of the frame. In the right light the crack can be seen running up through the frame/slide bumper. There do also appear to be some small casting flaws or inclusions in the metal.

The replacement pistol has been received from LKCI. I haven't shot it yet and may just leave it new in box for awhile.

This particular sample appears nice but it isn't as nice as my original gun. Overall fit seems about the same but my first gun has some nice clean straight lines on the frame. This one seems to be a bit "softer" overall. Almost as if it was left in the vibratory tumbler a little too long. Not that it doesn't seem to be a nice gun it just seems a little different than the original. No big deal.

So how are the BR9s holding up for other owners out there?

User Tag List